Dub or Sub

Chadook

<p>Which Version of One piece do you prefer? the Dubbed or the Subbed one?<br />
I'd rather watch the Subbed version, Why? Because it is More original than a mere collection of edited anime series by 4 Kids, and it has the real story line.</p>

Subbed version.............Dubbed version was pathetic.............Could not even watch a single episode..............

MadaraUchiha said:
Subbed version.............Dubbed version was pathetic.............Could not even watch a single episode..............

Really o_O I've seen only a couple episodes of OP but I'm sure it was dubbed and I didn't have any negative feelings about how it sounded. I seem to remember that there were two version of the dub, one made by some american TV channel and it wasn't that great... if I am not mistaking it with some other anime, things like that happen a lot with tv series =)

subs all the way
dubs ain't that bad
but 4kids one is horrible,especially sanji but their op song was quite catchy 
funi dubs are better
they are at around ep 345

<p>I thought the 4kids dub was alright, not the best, but pretty good.<br />
<br />
I do feel for this series, sub is the way to go.</p>

Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:

Really o_O I've seen only a couple episodes of OP but I'm sure it was dubbed and I didn't have any negative feelings about how it sounded. I seem to remember that there were two version of the dub, one made by some american TV channel and it wasn't that great... if I am not mistaking it with some other anime, things like that happen a lot with tv series =)
Well, I don't know, but the dubbed version did not seem to suit the characters...............And, I may also find it pathetic due to the fact that I've watched 500+ ep's in subbed form, and from the first ep' the voices seemed to suit the characters..............

I haven't even watched the dubbed one so I'm quite biased, but I would never watch anything unless it was subbed. I just prefer to watch it just how the creators meant to.

I'm not sure with animes, but I assume my answer would be the same as what I'd say for a Bollywood film.
Subtitles without a shred of doubt. Dubbing is just crappy.

F4nnZ said:
I prefer dubbed Because I'm too lazy to read it all every time I watch it.

another good reason to this is, I rather be watching the epic fight than trying to read what they are saying.

I prefer it to be subbed because you almost never find any dutch dubs.
The other disadvantage is when I watch it with English dubs the mouths don't sync often and imo it's annoying.

TippiE said:
The other disadvantage is when I watch it with English dubs the mouths don't sync often and imo it's annoying.

I don't pay too close attention to the dubs to notice, seem fine while airing on toonami. Are you streaming them? Could be the streaming service not loading right.

TippiE said:

As Demon_skeith said, it's got to be a problem with the streaming site or something like that. There is just no way a company would release a dub with this kind of technical issues, not in the US voice over industry anyway =)

Sindar said:
As Demon_skeith said, it's got to be a problem with the streaming site or something like that. There is just no way a company would release a dub with this kind of technical issues, not in the US voice over industry anyway =)

Well, in the Naruto storm games for english dub, the voice work is off by a good five seconds. As for anime, it has never happened.

Demon_skeith said:
Sindar said:

Well, in the Naruto storm games for english dub, the voice work is off by a good five seconds. As for anime, it has never happened.

Wow that is crazy :D

Till now i have watched Subbed version, not the dubbed one. Once the series gets over i will start with Dubbed one.

Demon_skeith said:
TippiE said:

I don't pay too close attention to the dubs to notice, seem fine while airing on toonami. Are you streaming them? Could be the streaming service not loading right.
Really? Because i thought you Never Cared about Dubs!

It is my understanding that 4Kids brought the anime, changed some of the plot, censored and replaced things in the english version they aired. Because I don't know if there is another, more proper, dubbing I'd give it a go, but for now to stay in the safe side I started watching it in Japanese with english subtitles and I intend to keep it that way.

Into the sub Vs dun discussion. It depends on the people translating for either case. Sometimes I have watched subbed versions and when I re-watch them in English they make more sense, because the subbers were being too literal. Other times it is the opposite way, the dub sounds silly and the japanese version reveals different tones and attitude. So, what I am saying is that not all dubbing is bad nor all subbing is spot on.

Sub for the win!
I like the original voices in Japanese the best xD

Back