Don't you think deku is too kind?

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
I always got the feeling that he is too kind.
If someone asks him to die so that others can survive, he would do it.

I mean he did risk his life in his fight against Muscular when he tried to save Kota so no doubt about that, but yeah I guess he is? Nothing wrong in that. A lot of Shounen anime protagonists are.

MadaraUchiha said:
I mean he did risk his life in his fight against Muscular when he tried to save Kota so no doubt about that, but yeah I guess he is? Nothing wrong in that. A lot of Shounen anime protagonists are.
I understand that he is a hero man but he forgets that even his life has value.
I am re-watching the first episode and felt that even for one person he would risk everything

Nameless said:
I understand that he is a hero man but he forgets that even his life has value.
I am re-watching the first episode and felt that even for one person he would risk everything

That's what being a hero means, risking your life to save others.

MadaraUchiha said:
That's what being a hero means, risking your life to save others.

Would it be weird if I pay attention to numbers man?
If he is trying to save more than one life, then I can accept it man. But if it's one life and he might die, then it becomes a little meaningless man.
2 lives are greater than a single life

Nameless said:
Would it be weird if I pay attention to numbers man?
If he is trying to save more than one life, then I can accept it man. But if it's one life and he might die, then it becomes a little meaningless man.
2 lives are greater than a single life

That was just one example I gave. And if you were a hero you won't be thinking about the number of lives honestly.

MadaraUchiha said:
That was just one example I gave. And if you were a hero you won't be thinking about the number of lives honestly.

I am not sure man but they shouldn't think themselves as expendable.
If they die, who would save others in the future?

Nameless said:
I am not sure man but they shouldn't think themselves as expendable.
If they die, who would save others in the future?

Other heroes, obviously. That's how selfless people think.

If you carefully watched this anime, there was a scene where Deku would ask All Might about him not able to save people who are far from his reach. All might would say, ''That's why I save as many as I can within my reach with a smile on my face". Midoriya really admires All might in a way, his ideals are that of All Might.

In this case, even if it is just one life, saving without second thought selflessly would be the option Midoriya would choose cause then he would regret like, 'Heck, I can't even save one life. How can I call myself a hero'. He is guilty conscious too much and hence to him, not saving a life is equal to death.

Sase said:
If you carefully watched this anime, there was a scene where Deku would ask All Might about him not able to save people who are far from his reach. All might would say, ''That's why I save as many as I can within my reach with a smile on my face". Midoriya really admires All might in a way, his ideals are that of All Might.

In this case, even if it is just one life, saving without second thought selflessly would be the option Midoriya would choose cause then he would regret like, 'Heck, I can't even save one life. How can I call myself a hero'. He is guilty conscious too much and hence to him, not saving a life is equal to death.

All I am saying is he should value his life too man.
It would be too late if he die

Nameless said:
I always got the feeling that he is too kind.
If someone asks him to die so that others can survive, he would do it.

pretty much him and ever other shonen jump main character. Though I do agree he can't say no.

if you think about is again, you will know that a selfish hero isn't what a world needs.
he can save people later but he would never be a hero

Angel said:
if you think about is again, you will know that a selfish hero isn't what a world needs.
he can save people later but he would never be a hero

kind of the whole character background for Stain.

The thing that Midoriya has, on top of other characters from other anime that are emotional, noble and so willing to risk their lives, is that he actually will try to figure out a way to help both rather than just resign without giving a fight. He will try his darn best to turn things around. 

The first episode, where he did it by impulse when he was quirk-less is the starting point of his character. Now I can understand the 1-1 math, the risk and reward but the point in that episode is that is precisely the way other people think of the situation. As All-Might was reminded by seeing Midoriya running as soon as he saw someone he cared about in grave danger, the heroes put their lives on the line for others, that is part of the Hero. All-Might himself was using self-preservation until he realised he had to act on what he was preaching. 

There's nothing wrong in knowing your limits and retreat if you can't do anything and fortunately, as the seasons roll we can see the characters learn that. There is one of the later seasons where if Midoriya was like in that episode he'd marched right into his death, but instead, he kept with his friends until they could come with a proper plan. There is another scene I can recall where he realized that by going all out to save one person he found himself unable to be of use to help another, learning a hard lesson on pacing and to think one step ahead in case the last strategy doesn't work.

So, I'd say he is doing fine. He is very empathetic but he can kick and punch as the situation requires.

That's quite a through analysis, Kaynil.
I do agree that he will be fine, no matter what situation he is in.

[quote="Kaynil" pid='120891' dateline='1547968348']
The thing that Midoriya has, on top of other characters from other anime that are emotional, noble and so willing to risk their lives, is that he actually will try to figure out a way to help both rather than just resign without giving a fight. He will try his darn best to turn things around. 

The first episode, where he did it by impulse when he was quirk-less is the starting point of his character. Now I can understand the 1-1 math, the risk and reward but the point in that episode is that is precisely the way other people think of the situation. As All-Might was reminded by seeing Midoriya running as soon as he saw someone he cared about in grave danger, the heroes put their lives on the line for others, that is part of the Hero. All-Might himself was using self-preservation until he realised he had to act on what he was preaching. 

There's nothing wrong in knowing your limits and retreat if you can't do anything and fortunately, as the seasons roll we can see the characters learn that. There is one of the later seasons where if Midoriya was like in that episode he'd marched right into his death, but instead, he kept with his friends until they could come with a proper plan. There is another scene I can recall where he realized that by going all out to save one person he found himself unable to be of use to help another, learning a hard lesson on pacing and to think one step ahead in case the last strategy doesn't work.

So, I'd say he is doing fine. He is very empathetic but he can kick and punch as the situation requires.
[/quote]

He shouldn't be so kind. I am not thinking of kaneki, but he could abandon people who doesn't worth saving.
I wouldn't save people like that

Back