Does harry potter series, comes into horror genre?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
I love anything that is related horror.

Horror stuff is almost "unpredictable". That's what, I like about when it comes to horror. Anyway, I love reading. Now that I think about it, no matter how I look at it, Harry potter books would go with either fantasy or myth "genres".

Horror normally involves lots of blood, gore, ghosts..whatnot. Sure, harry potter series involves ghosts. But these ghosts aren't scary and they are so not vengeful ghosts :D

Nope.............It comes under fantasy, coming of age, school, mystery, thriller, adventure, romance, but, definitely not horror............

MadaraUchiha said:
Nope.............It comes under fantasy, coming of age, school, mystery, thriller, adventure, romance, but, definitely not horror............

I'd agree with Fantasy/Fiction. Wouldn't say it's anything close to horror, especially given that the target audience is what 8-15 year olds?

Baz said:
MadaraUchiha said:

I'd agree with Fantasy/Fiction. Wouldn't say it's anything close to horror, especially given that the target audience is what 8-15 year olds?

Well, yea..........But, I disagree with the target audience...........Well, yes, 8 year-old children can understand the crux of it, but, I don't think they can dig deeply............I'd say 11-17...........

MadaraUchiha said:
Baz said:
MadaraUchiha said:

Well, yea..........But, I disagree with the target audience...........Well, yes, 8 year-old children can understand the crux of it, but, I don't think they can dig deeply............I'd say 11-17...........

You'd be surprised, they have children in school reading them at 8-9 years old (I have one myself who reads Harry Potter in Welsh) 17 would probably be the upper limit unless you get real fans of the books.

Baz said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Baz said:
MadaraUchiha said:

You'd be surprised, they have children in school reading them at 8-9 years old (I have one myself who reads Harry Potter in Welsh) 17 would probably be the upper limit unless you get real fans of the books.

Well, Rowling would surely have instilled some deep things in them, and you'd need maturity to understand them........

No it comes more into the fantasy and adventure genre really. It does have horror moments in it, but not enough to make it go into the Horror genre. It is your opinion.

I never thought of it as horror, it is definitely fantasy/adventure. Of course there are scary moments, however that is not the main premise of the films.

It isn't Horror at all...
I am currently reading it :D
On the 3rd part right now :D (Prisoner of Azkaban) :D

Mansi14 said:

Is it really interesting? For some reason, it looks pretty normal to me.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Mansi14 said:

Is it really interesting? For some reason, it looks pretty normal to me.

Aha....well its nice.. :D
And nice mystery-thriller...
Thats it i guess :p

Star_Of_Hope said:
Mansi14 said:
Well i like it >.>
But its your own choice..
So which books did you like.?

Well, I am not into novels :(

Oh.. >.>
Well not a problem.. >.>
We should stop this since this is completely off-topic and could be considered as spamming... :p

Mansi14 said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Mansi14 said:
Well i like it >.>

Oh.. >.>
Well not a problem.. >.>
We should stop this since this is completely off-topic and could be considered as spamming... :p

I agree with that. Still, OPF doesn't really care for such stuff.
We like our users to enjoy themselves here :D
Also, it's good talking to you.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Mansi14 said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Mansi14 said:
Well i like it >.>

Oh.. >.>
Well not a problem.. >.>

I agree with that. Still, OPF doesn't really care for such stuff.
We like our users to enjoy themselves here :D
Also, it's good talking to you.

Star_Of_Hope said:

I have an exam tomorrow and I can't believe I am still here :D
Still, I don't want to leave as of yet :D

I have exam in an hour.
I am not done with studying :D
I have exam tomorrow too ...
everyday till 9th... >.>

Back