Do you watch the short versions?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Many anime offer some movies and they cover the gist of the anime. I don't actually go for such stuff. I haven't even watched haikyuu movies as it covers the same plot.
What about you guys?
Do you watch these short versions ..aka movies?

I do. Watched the first Berserk movie, all Hokuto no Ken movies, Escaflowne movie, Galaxy Express, even Death Note. The Death Note one is horrible, Escaflowne movie is a bit ruched, but others are fine.

Sindar said:
I do. Watched the first Berserk movie, all Hokuto no Ken movies, Escaflowne movie, Galaxy Express, even Death Note. The Death Note one is horrible, Escaflowne movie is a bit ruched, but others are fine.

oh....even after watching the entire anime? If so, do you think those movies did any justice to the anime? The story should be rushed....for making a short version...so..

Nope. I always go for the anime. I never prefer watching things that cut out canonical stuff. The exception would be Dragon Ball Z Kai, which is a remastered version of Dragon Ball Z, and covers in 159 episodes what Dragon Ball Z covers in 291 episodes, removing fillers and unnecessary stuff. I'm planning to watch that version after I watch Dragon Ball, which is God knows when.
So, yeah, I'd rather watch the anime than the movies. 

Maybe if the movies came first and the anime expanded on it, I'll watch the movie first. Like for example, the first two arcs of Dragon Ball Super(the first 27 episodes) essentially re-adapt the movies 'Battle of Gods' and 'Resurrection of F'. So, if at all I watch that, which I probably won't, I'll be watching the movies.

Hmm...makes sense..but I don't get why dragon ball of all anime ._.
I know that it's popular but still....

Claraviolet said:
Hmm...makes sense..but I don't get why dragon ball of all anime ._.
I know that it's popular but still....

Even if I don't watch it, it's a very good example for when I make exceptions.

MadaraUchiha said:
Even if I don't watch it, it's a very good example for when I make exceptions.

:sigh:
Why can't you just take after me?
Jeez...watch kemono no souja erin, youjo senki. They are truly good.

Claraviolet said:
oh....even after watching the entire anime? If so, do you think those movies did any justice to the anime? The story should be rushed....for making a short version...so..

Amaterasu...I have watched couple of episodes when I was a kid and I hated it!
Hmm...I guess you don't have much time sindar. Do you happen to plan to watch haikyuu? If so, do not go for movies

Claraviolet said:
Hmm...I guess you don't have much time sindar. Do you happen to plan to watch haikyuu? If so, do not go for movies

I don't usually hate something. Hate is a strong word ya know. And kids watch almost anything... But even so I couldn't stand it. That should say something about dragon Ball right?

Claraviolet said:
I don't usually hate something. Hate is a strong word ya know. And kids watch almost anything... But even so I couldn't stand it. That should say something about dragon Ball right?

I would like to advice you against watching it.... But you might be able to understand what iI meant after watching couple of episodes. So go for it.

Claraviolet said:
I would like to advice you against watching it.... But you might be able to understand what iI meant after watching couple of episodes. So go for it.

I doubt I'd hate it though, it's the archetype Shounen anime, and I like Shounen.

Claraviolet said:

>< What's so awesome about not watching an awesome anime?
I pestered my sister into watching it. It's a really good anime. Just add it to your list and watch it in the near 10 years or so ._.

Claraviolet said:
>< What's so awesome about not watching an awesome anime?
I pestered my sister into watching it. It's a really good anime. Just add it to your list and watch it in the near 10 years or so ._.
xD I haven't see a single sports anime so far, and there are like half a dozen that I had been planing to see. So, I am just being honest here ^^/

Sindar said:
xD I haven't see a single sports anime so far, and there are like half a dozen that I had been planing to see. So, I am just being honest here ^^/

Oh.. Well... Okay ._.
It's a good anime by the way and watch it if you wanna give sports anime a try ._.

Claraviolet said:
Oh.. Well... Okay ._.
It's a good anime by the way and watch it if you wanna give sports anime a try ._.
=) Is there anything particularly interesting about Haikyuu? I don't have anything against sports anime, it is just that none managed to grab my attention so far.

Back