Do you use Two Factor Authentication?

Heatman

After my Facebook account was hacked for the first time, I learnt how to use Two Factor Authentication to upgrade the security of my account and ever since then, my account have never been hacked. It's why I'm using 2FA on all my social media accounts including on forums too.

I make use of the 2 Factor verification for most of my accounts. It is something that I am always happy to do each time that I am opening a new account.

I always use Two Factor Authentication wherever it is available no matter how popular the site may be as I feel much safer having that enabled wherever I have an account just to know that I have that extra layer of security and I don't run the risk of my account getting hacked and my information getting into the wrong hands.

I don’t have it on my forum; don’t know how or if we can on Proboards. I am only on one forum that enables it for the Staff members. I do appreciate the extra layer of protection & security. Do people know of any other benefits to this? What are the downsides you can think of?

I've got it set up on my forum, though I wonder if I really need to have it enabled for my account. I use a completely different password on VGC, so if anyone was to try and log into my account they wouldn't even be able to. :V Plus I've been having issues where I keep getting emails with codes sent to me whenever I open Firefox on my phone. I'll have to figure out why I keep getting these emails...

I use it on most things now but it can be annoying because it is spread out to several different kinds. I really wish I could consolidate it all down to 1.

I use it on most things now but it can be annoying because it is spread out to several different kinds. I really wish I could consolidate it all down to 1.
lol yes.
the other day i was trying to change my phone and login to my mail but it's asking me all sorts of things and i couldn't even remember lol

Yes, always. I have never skipped it for main services. Feels like adding an extra layer of security helps.

I mostly use email for 2FA or SMS which it is available.

Back