Do you use trial antivirus programs?

Demon_skeith said:
true, but the trade off is that Macs and linux don't have as many virus issues as a Windows PC would. So the need for a lot of protection programs is low.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Did you get it from some third party? Then the license would likely be a fake one. Try purchasing the license directly from the website.

Actually, I bought it from the official website.
I don't trust 3rd party sites too much.

TechnicalSuwako said:

Actually, I bought it from the official website.
I don't trust 3rd party sites too much.

you seem to know a great deal why would you need an antivirus to keep you safe?

[/quote]

Far as I'm aware, pending on the site you visit there is more chances of getting a virus for a windows based PC than a mac one.

SecretWish said:

Antivirus is like insurance, you know you don't need it but you never know when the unexpected will happen.

Demon_skeith said:
Far as I'm aware, pending on the site you visit there is more chances of getting a virus for a windows based PC than a mac one.

Antivirus is like insurance, you know you don't need it but you never know when the unexpected will happen.

That person knows many things. So many be they wouldn't need an antivirus to maintain security for them.

SecretWish said:

As I already mentioned, there are still moments you might be in doubt.
In that case having a virus scanner can still be helpful, regardless of how much you know.

In fact, especially because I know so much about such things makes me feel safer with a virus scanner than without, because unlike those who don't know, I'm aware that danger does exist, and I know that I should still prevent that from happening.

TechnicalSuwako said:
In that case having a virus scanner can still be helpful, regardless of how much you know.

In fact, especially because I know so much about such things makes me feel safer with a virus scanner than without, because unlike those who don't know, I'm aware that danger does exist, and I know that I should still prevent that from happening.

i know a nerd from my class who tweaked his computer os and he claims that he doesn't need an anti virus anymore and he said it's secure now

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88394' dateline='1521090783']

Sounds to me more like he's just a beginner with computer OSs.
It's very common for people to believe that not using Windows means they are magically protected against viruses, which gives you a false sense of security.
Yes, there are far fewer viruses for Linux and macOS than there are for Windows and Android, but none of them is entirely virus free.
[/quote]

he always calls me a bum so i was in an impression that he is smart. next time i meet him, i would kick him in the balls.
is there anything else that i could gloat? can you hack?

TechnicalSuwako said:

Even if you have no doubt and click on a very trusted link, the link/web page could be hijacked and lead to something deadly for your PC.

SecretWish said:
he always calls me a bum so i was in an impression that he is smart. next time i meet him, i would kick him in the balls.
is there anything else that i could gloat? can you hack?

Demon_skeith said:
Even if you have no doubt and click on a very trusted link, the link/web page could be hijacked and lead to something deadly for your PC.

The thing is, I only start to doubt after the fact, not before.

The thing is, I only start to doubt after the fact, not before.
[/quote]

looking down on people isn't a nice thing and nice to know that you got your project thing now. gloat is like boasting about something only i know. i know a person who can hack! how is hacking a full time job?

SecretWish said:
looking down on people isn't a nice thing and nice to know that you got your project thing now. gloat is like boasting about something only i know. i know a person who can hack! how is hacking a full time job?

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88516' dateline='1521236873']

The fact is, "hacking" is nothing more than an alternative word for "programming" or "coding".
It's just that the mainstream media uses this word to describe cybercrime for some reason (maybe because it rolls easy off the tongue?),
[/quote]

isn't hacking a way of controlling other people computers? i saw this movie and in that some guy with a group of people hacked and made the entire country work under his thumb. cybercrime isn't a word that I am familiar with.

SecretWish said:
isn't hacking a way of controlling other people computers? i saw this movie and in that some guy with a group of people hacked and made the entire country work under his thumb. cybercrime isn't a word that I am familiar with.

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88531' dateline='1521290440']

No, this is exactly what I meant with people misusing the word "hacking" to talk about "cybercrime".
The actual meaning of that word is not what you just said.

I sometimes do this too, but that's only so that people unaware of it can understand what I'm referring to.
[/quote]

i am sorry but i am not well aware of many things and i am one of the common folk that you keep referring so i wouldn't know anything complicated. i am sorry and i didn't mean anything bad by it. people unaware of it mean like me?

SecretWish said:
i am sorry but i am not well aware of many things and i am one of the common folk that you keep referring so i wouldn't know anything complicated. i am sorry and i didn't mean anything bad by it. people unaware of it mean like me?

For example.
I didn't say that people having a misconception about a certain word are necessarily evil.

TechnicalSuwako said:
For example.
I didn't say that people having a misconception about a certain word are necessarily evil.

i understand. if controlling one's computer or anything else without knowing to that person, how is that good. just trying to understand things here.

Elvis said:
Most antivirus companies offer their programs for a 30 days trial period, which means that you can legally use the product with all the features included, but it will constantly show you in a small popup in the sidebar that you don't have a license and that you need to buy one before the trial period expires.

You can uninstall the program before the trial expires, obviously, and install another antivirus, so basically you could get a new trial antivirus every month without having to buy any of them.

Do you do this, or do you prefer to buy a license for a whole year instead of switching from one antivirus to another?

Back