Do you think some anime names are deliberately chosen to arise your interest in them?

Rinko

V.I.P. Member
Top Poster Of Month
Even if it's negative popularity, it's still popularity.
Do you think people sometimes chose the names just to get more attention for the anime?

The light novel industry’s try straight up has admitted to it, hence why the titles are crazy for a lot of them.

They said it’s because it’s so competitive, nobody reads the description on the back. So they have these lengthy titles that basically explain the whole premise.
makes sense lol
if it's related to what the readers are looking for, they could actually pick it up

Most of the truly long anime names falls into this category.
There is no other explanation to have such lengthy names.

I mean, I think that is partly the point in choosing a name on any created material. You tend to go with something that either is easy to remember or memorable. Whatever you choose it has to tickle the person's interest.

I mean, I think that is partly the point in choosing a name on any created material. You tend to go with something that either is easy to remember or memorable. Whatever you choose it has to tickle the person's interest.
true lol
but having a sentence as a title is so funny. imagine it getting a movie adaptation and how people would struggle to fit the title in the poster

A lot of of movies during the 90's had longer names for LatAm to make them part of a certain theme, but I guess nothing as long as some anime does it nowadays, haha.
Home Alone, for example was called, "My poor little Angel (mi pobre Angelito)" because all the innocent looking kids being thwarting adult villain plans were a trend, so we had "My poor little devil" instead of Problem Child to lump both movies together.

A lot of of movies during the 90's had longer names for LatAm to make them part of a certain theme, but I guess nothing as long as some anime does it nowadays, haha.
Home Alone, for example was called, "My poor little Angel (mi pobre Angelito)" because all the innocent looking kids being thwarting adult villain plans were a trend, so we had "My poor little devil" instead of Problem Child to lump both movies together.
makes sense lol
if something is very similar to a popular name, people would want to check it out too

Back