Do you think shonen anime should have some romance in them?

It’s still stupid
can't deny it but people don't know the language grung
most of the genres like shonen, shoujo, yaoi, yuri, seinen are all japanese names. they don't what is accurate based on the word and i make the same stupid mistakes even now

can't deny it but people don't know the language grung
most of the genres like shonen, shoujo, yaoi, yuri, seinen are all japanese names. they don't what is accurate based on the word and i make the same stupid mistakes even now
The thing is, they’re on the internet, so it’s not rocket science to look the word up.

It’s not like these words are super deep that require interpretation where a dictionary word can’t suffice. We’re not arguing over the interpretation of a phrase.

So saying “it’s a different language” isn’t a valid excuse.

The thing is, they’re on the internet, so it’s not rocket science to look the word up.

It’s not like these words are super deep that require interpretation where a dictionary word can’t suffice. We’re not arguing over the interpretation of a phrase.

So saying “it’s a different language” isn’t a valid excuse.
yes people can look it up
but not many would do that and people these days feel lazy when others ask them to search something even if it's just a few clicks away

yes people can look it up
but not many would do that and people these days feel lazy when others ask them to search something even if it's just a few clicks away
You’re not helping your argument at all.

People easily memorize the meanings of other random Japanese words, but a word like shonen? Oh no, we gotta draw the line there! “It’s so hard!!! It’s in another language!!!!”

You’re not helping your argument at all.

People easily memorize the meanings of other random Japanese words, but a word like shonen? Oh no, we gotta draw the line there! “It’s so hard!!! It’s in another language!!!!”
honestly tell me.
haven't you ever encountered anyone who asks you to explain instead of googling? there are many people who does that.

honestly tell me.
haven't you ever encountered anyone who asks you to explain instead of googling? there are many people who does that.
Stupidity and laziness is not a valid excuse.

The thing is, I participate in various other communities, and they’re pretty anal over people actually learning the terminology, and knowing what they’re talking about. The anime community seems to be the complete opposite, ignorance is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

Other hobbies or professions have you learn a lot of words in other languages. Music has Italian, and science has Latin. It’s embarrassing when you have a community of people OBSESSED with a single country and love sprinkling in random Japanese words into their sentences, and go “I want to live in Japan and be fluent in Japanese sugoi!”, have issues learning what the hell they’re talking about.

Stupidity and laziness is not a valid excuse.

The thing is, I participate in various other communities, and they’re pretty anal over people actually learning the terminology, and knowing what they’re talking about. The anime community seems to be the complete opposite, ignorance is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

Other hobbies or professions have you learn a lot of words in other languages. Music has Italian, and science has Latin. It’s embarrassing when you have a community of people OBSESSED with a single country and love sprinkling in random Japanese words into their sentences, and go “I want to live in Japan and be fluent in Japanese sugoi!”, have issues learning what the hell they’re talking about.
then do you admit that you have encountered people asking you to explain things in anime community, instead of searching for them and let's leave me out of this.

then do you admit that you have encountered people asking you to explain things in anime community, instead of searching for them and let's leave me out of this.
The you in that sentence didn’t refer to you specifically.

Back