Do you think more of a protagonist in anime with disability?

elv, i understand you are a kind soul but remember people are not all good.
rich and poor doesn't derive the personality. grung got a point there. if the poor/disabled people think they got the god given right to be a$$holes to others, it's not fair.
I wouldn’t call it a “god given right”.

It’s more of “if I act like a dick, and it gets me what I want, I’m going to continue being a dick”.

Anyone that’s ever done customer service before has met that person, who throws a fit demanding we do what they want. They do this because that attitude has worked before, so they continue acting like that until it stops working.

Nobody has time to do a psychoanalysis and a background investigation to see if they’re “deserving” to act like that.

Sometimes you have to be a dick to people, because they either don’t get it, or don’t want to get it until you act like that to them.

That doesn’t mean I should wave off someone who’s an asshole, or give freebies to someone that’s an asshole, just because they have a sob story.
That's exactly what it means. People who had rough lives are entitled to compensate for their bad experiences by being mean.

Depends on the disability and how they portray it. Having been disabled for most of my life I tend to have less patience for those who use their disability as a crutch or as an excuse for them to act like total assholes.

In anime their 'disability' could be some handicap that others have but they don't, like in many battle royal type shows. It definitely makes me root for them.

I'm not a kind soul. I'm an absolute asshole. I'm one of the worst people you can imagine.
what?
from what i know and based on my interaction with you, i don't think you are what you claim to be elv.

Prove it.

The disadvantage should give one rights to behave in a way that compensates for the inferior way in which one experiences life. Of course, laws should be enforced, so that no one can harm someone else.

If the rich guy got trapped in the situation you described, then he becomes the disadvantaged one, and the right of compensating is transferred to him.
Like experiences do matter but let's consider a hypothetical scenario where a person grew up rich and later lost his wealth to drinking and partying all day. He lost a limb in an accident. Now, he is poor and disabled. Do you think he got a right to behave like a jerk just because he is at a disadvantage now?

Back