Do you think kids should be allowed to watch seinen anime?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
just what are your thoughts on this?
it's not echi or but i am sure some people wouldn't want the kids to watch them lol

Depends on the show, a lot of those cute girls doing cute things shows are seinen and super vanilla.

half of the time i don't get whether you are being sarcastic or serious grung.
I’m deadass, most of those shows are from Manga Time Kirara, which is a Seinen magazine.

It’s really annoying when you keep acting like I’m joking or not knowing what I’m talking about. It’s really annoying, especially when you are ignorant on all these topics you always doubt me on.

Seinen doesn't have too much adult content as others make it out to be. At most it's got well....gun fights, and other stuff but that's about it o_O
So, why not?

Seinen doesn't have too much adult content as others make it out to be. At most it's got well....gun fights, and other stuff but that's about it o_O
So, why not?
The irony with arbitrary marketing labels, is that these labels aren’t based on the content, yet ignorant fans try defining it by content. In this case, it’s based on what the magazine labels itself.

Whether a magazine is shonen or seinen is entirely based on whether the publishing company says so, so any manga in those magazines automatically gets the label, genre be damned.

So it gets funny when people associate seinen as edgy stuff, despite a ton of vanilla slice of life manga being seinen. So you can pick up a magazine and see one page gushing with gore, and flip a few pages to see some saccharine shit.

I’m deadass, most of those shows are from Manga Time Kirara, which is a Seinen magazine.

It’s really annoying when you keep acting like I’m joking or not knowing what I’m talking about. It’s really annoying, especially when you are ignorant on all these topics you always doubt me on.
no honestly. i wasn't joking or acting deliberately. most of the time, i take things literally grung.
may be i am emotionally stumped. sorry. i understand that your opinion is seinen doesn't mean it's only for adults, all the time.

no honestly. i wasn't joking or acting deliberately. most of the time, i take things literally grung.
may be i am emotionally stumped. sorry. i understand that your opinion is seinen doesn't mean it's only for adults, all the time.
What I said wasn't something that was supposed to be taken sarcastically or anything.

It's just that lately when I say anything that challenges your preconcieved notion about anything, your first instinct is to either doubt anything I say, or just straight up say "you don't understand". It's really obnoxious especially when you're not knowledgable on it.

I'm not a doctor, but if I hung out on some medical forum or subreddit, I'll get laughed off of it if I repeatedly go around doubting anything anyone says on there, or just tell them they don't know what they're talking about.

What I said wasn't something that was supposed to be taken sarcastically or anything.

It's just that lately when I say anything that challenges your preconcieved notion about anything, your first instinct is to either doubt anything I say, or just straight up say "you don't understand". It's really obnoxious especially when you're not knowledgable on it.

I'm not a doctor, but if I hung out on some medical forum or subreddit, I'll get laughed off of it if I repeatedly go around doubting anything anyone says on there, or just tell them they don't know what they're talking about.
not sure if i can explain it to you but here me out.
when you said it depends on the show when it can be vanilla and cute girls doing cute stuff, it got me thinking about erot1c@. so i thought you were being sarcastic as seinen is for young men and not like hent@i. that's the reason why i wanted to know whether you were serious or being sarcastic. it's just my brain that's processing everything the wrong way. sorry and i never meant to insult you grung. i swear

not sure if i can explain it to you but here me out.
when you said it depends on the show when it can be vanilla and cute girls doing cute stuff, it got me thinking about erot1c@. so i thought you were being sarcastic as seinen is for young men and not like hent@i. that's the reason why i wanted to know whether you were serious or being sarcastic. it's just my brain that's processing everything the wrong way. sorry and i never meant to insult you grung. i swear
That sounds like a you problem. The easy thing is to not jump to conclusions and instantly doubt everything I say, and stop saying "you don't understand" when I tell you what you don't want to hear.

That sounds like a you problem. The easy thing is to not jump to conclusions and instantly doubt everything I say, and stop saying "you don't understand" when I tell you what you don't want to hear.
i know that now.
i will keep that in mind just don't think i look down on you. i know personally how all the people here are more smarter than me

i know that now.
i will keep that in mind just don't think i look down on you. i know personally how all the people here are more smarter than me
I wouldn’t call it looking down, it just comes off more as you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, but you think you do.

Thats what makes it annoying, someone that obviously doesn’t know what they’re talking about telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Wow, the lack of self awareness is baffling.

I wouldn’t call it looking down, it just comes off more as you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, but you think you do.

Thats what makes it annoying, someone that obviously doesn’t know what they’re talking about telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Wow, the lack of self awareness is baffling.
i will try to keep this in mind grung
thanks for pointing out to me

i will try to keep this in mind grung
thanks for pointing out to me
Next time if someone says something you've never heard of before, just think "hm, never heard of that, guess I'll look it up".

Telling people "lol tee hee, that's not how it works" or "lol tee hee, you must be joking" makes you look dumb and can/will annoy people after awhile.

Imagine how dumb you'd feel sitting at the doctor's office, and you tell the doctor "lol tee hee, that's not how that works", and they tell you "uh... that's exactly how it works.

They should be allowed to.
Unlike what you might think, most of the kids known lots of things, we don't know when we were at that age.

Back