Do you speak Japanese?

are you actually serious?
do you really think cooking something is close to actually learning a new language? i really don't know what to say anymore. it's not for me but thanks for thinking that i could do it
It’s called: learning another skill. So yes. You’re giving up before it even started.

The thing is, children can learn another language, so you’re telling me that an adult doesn’t have the capability of a child?

It’s called: learning another skill. So yes. You’re giving up before it even started.

The thing is, children can learn another language, so you’re telling me that an adult doesn’t have the capability of a child?
not all the kids can learn.
that's why we don't have all leaders in a classroom. physical work is different from brain work if you ask me

not all the kids can learn.
that's why we don't have all leaders in a classroom. physical work is different from brain work if you ask me
What are you talking about? What do leaders and physical work have to do with anything?

The children who can’t learn go to special Ed classes.

What are you talking about? What do leaders and physical work have to do with anything?

The children who can’t learn go to special Ed classes.
lol how could you compare physical work to intelligent work?
i just can't understand this and it's not at all easy grungie and only smart people can say that it's the same

lol how could you compare physical work to intelligent work?
i just can't understand this and it's not at all easy grungie and only smart people can say that it's the same
Based on your actions in this thread, it sounds like you give up easily and cry about it.

I always feel like you jump pretty quickly into pity mode to try and get people to say “awe you poor thing”.

In my opinion if you really wanted to learn Japanese you would put lots of time and effort in to it. There's many ways you can learn it that isn't just app based. I'll be the first to admit i tried it for 5 minutes then gave up but i never saw myself investing time in to it. Anyone can learn anything they want to if they really dedicate time to it. There shouldn't really be any excuses not to learn something

I once had two Japanese friends. I met them in the English language class. I tried to learn some Japanese terms from them but I don't remember anything now.
Oooooo .......it must be hard and but fun to have Japanese friends.

In my opinion if you really wanted to learn Japanese you would put lots of time and effort in to it. There's many ways you can learn it that isn't just app based. I'll be the first to admit i tried it for 5 minutes then gave up but i never saw myself investing time in to it. Anyone can learn anything they want to if they really dedicate time to it. There shouldn't really be any excuses not to learn something
I agree, there are many different learning styles. Some people work great in a traditional classroom/lecture style, others learn better in an app flash card environment.

If you fail hard at one style, it’s pretty obvious that style is not working.

Its always a language i would love to learn but myself i always thought it could be hard to learn. Its once language that has always interested me aside from the ones i already know such as english, french and german. my french and german are not the strongest but only from what i have learnt in school years ago.

but japanese and chinese are the 2 i would love to learn and get a knowledge of, i may find some sources to learn from, if anyone knows the best places to learn let me know.

Based on your actions in this thread, it sounds like you give up easily and cry about it.

I always feel like you jump pretty quickly into pity mode to try and get people to say “awe you poor thing”.
lol i didn't expect people who are born clever to understand. i can memorize things but if i get a break with just 2 days, i need to start over

lol i didn't expect people who are born clever to understand. i can memorize things but if i get a break with just 2 days, i need to start over
You just haven't found a learning style that works for you, and you also don't care enough, because it's easier to whine about it and come up with excuses than doing anything about it.

You just haven't found a learning style that works for you, and you also don't care enough, because it's easier to whine about it and come up with excuses than doing anything about it.
you still don't accept it?
tell me one thing, have you ever flunked on any subject?

Yes I do. As Japanese is one of my mother tongues. It’s easy to pick up with it too I personally find.

Last edited:
you still don't accept it?
tell me one thing, have you ever flunked on any subject?
I have, and it was because I didn’t try. I thought I was too cool to do the homework assignments and the majority of my grade was on the homework assignments.

People also have different learning styles. I’m absolute garbage at memorizing things through flash cards. With traditional lectures I memorize it long enough to brain dump it. I remember things better through hands on teaching. If I have something where I can actively participate in I can not only learn it, but also have something to memorize it through.

At my job, we have different ways to teach people how to do our job. We have some people where you can hand them an instruction manual, leave them alone, and they can figure it out. Others are like me where I have the instruction manual, and someone there to help me drive, and I can learn how to do it after multiple attempts. The only people who had issues learning the job were people who would just sit there and whine because it wasn’t a quick and simple process.

So unless you have a legitimate learning disability, it’s all a combination of motivation and finding the right learning style for the person.

I have, and it was because I didn’t try. I thought I was too cool to do the homework assignments and the majority of my grade was on the homework assignments.

People also have different learning styles. I’m absolute garbage at memorizing things through flash cards. With traditional lectures I memorize it long enough to brain dump it. I remember things better through hands on teaching. If I have something where I can actively participate in I can not only learn it, but also have something to memorize it through.

At my job, we have different ways to teach people how to do our job. We have some people where you can hand them an instruction manual, leave them alone, and they can figure it out. Others are like me where I have the instruction manual, and someone there to help me drive, and I can learn how to do it after multiple attempts. The only people who had issues learning the job were people who would just sit there and whine because it wasn’t a quick and simple process.

So unless you have a legitimate learning disability, it’s all a combination of motivation and finding the right learning style for the person.
that looks really logical.
but if there is a way my teachers from before wouldn't have given up on me saying they would be greatful if I don't end up in a gang lol.
i will give it another try and will try to see what i can

I really want to know a good ammount of Japanese before I ever travel to Japan. It's important to know a bit of a country's language when visiting I think. And I feel like especially in Japan, you'll miss out on so much if you don't speak the language.

Back