Do you set limit to your credit card?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
I do. Most of the time the actual limitation is a bit too much. So I try to set limit to my card and try to minimise my spendings.
What about you guys?

I have 2 and I keep them locked at all times except at the time of use. So nothing can be spent without my direct approval.

I don't set any limit.
It's always on the default settings and I just make sure that I get what's absolutely needed.

I don't set any limit.
It's always on the default settings and I just make sure that I get what's absolutely needed.
that's so cool rinko
sometimes i wish i could learn from you and not get anything at all unless i can't do without it

that's so cool rinko
sometimes i wish i could learn from you and not get anything at all unless i can't do without it
It's not hard to master.
If you don't even look at things that you don't need, you wouldn't have the urge to get them.

When I get a credit card I always choose to have a credit limit between $300 and $500. This limit is set by the bank that provides me with a credit card. However, I also set my own limit which is 80 percent of my actual limit. For example, if my card has a $300 limit, I use only $240.

When I get a credit card I always choose to have a credit limit between $300 and $500. This limit is set by the bank that provides me with a credit card. However, I also set my own limit which is 80 percent of my actual limit. For example, if my card has a $300 limit, I use only $240.
that's a good way to limit yourselves from spending more
and then keeping something aside for a rainy day

I myself do not have a credit card, I much prefer to have my debit card and only spend what I have access to rather than having a lump sum amount that I can burn through and then have to pay back.

Everyone is different though and for some, a credit card could work.

Back