Do you like use two OS in one computer ??

NomanProdhan

I saw that some people like to use two OS in one computer. Like one of my friend he use Windows 7 and 8 in one computer. I never tried this.........Let me know if you have used two OS in one computer. . . .

I've used two OS's in my old PC(about till 8 years ago).............They were Windows 98 and Windows XP............

I've only used dual boot on one machine, that was one with Windows 7 and one with a Linux OS. I'd only ever use dual with a linux not two Windows based OS.

Nope i don't like to have 2 OS in a system. But i like to try out new OS in new system if i get one.

I've virtualized my PC. So I can run Windows 8, Windows 7 and Ubuntu simultaneously. I am also going to try Windows 1.0 sometime soon. It will be interesting :3

Why would you want a tri-boot though? I get the love for Windows 7 and the dislike for Windows 8 so I can see why you'd have two but three?

Baz said:

Why would you want a tri-boot though? I get the love for Windows 7 and the dislike for Windows 8 so I can see why you'd have two but three?

With a virtualized PC its not a dual boot or tri boot anything, it can run anything really which makes it great with playing with different OS.

I like to hear how the 1.0 runs.

Baz said:

I am not using a tri-boot =) I've created two virtual devices so that both Windows 8 and Ubuntu think that they have their own RAM and a HDD when they don't. I give them a part of my RAM and HDD to use. The virtual devices are usually turned off unless I start them. So they don't slow down my PC :full:

I am a computer science student. So I love trying a lot of operating systems. You can create virtual machines too. Try using Virtual Box or VMware or the tons of vitualization software floating out there :awesome:

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20141221115619.png
    ScreenShot_20141221115619.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot_20141221114638.png
    ScreenShot_20141221114638.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot_20141221115445.png
    ScreenShot_20141221115445.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot_20141221115351.png
    ScreenShot_20141221115351.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot_20141221115252.png
    ScreenShot_20141221115252.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
Baz said:
1.0 hehe, 3.0 was hard enough to use! I can even remember just using DOS too.

I still can't figure out how to make some of the programs work XD
Wow. You used Windows 3.0 and DOS before *-*

I would like to hear more about how DOS worked. What kind of a computer did you have back then?

Demon_skeith said:
thanks for the images, crazy how things have changed since then.

You're welcome =)
I can hardly believe the awful color combinations they used back then. Most of them look like they've been taken out of a child's drawing XD

Shaurya said:
Baz said:
1.0 hehe, 3.0 was hard enough to use! I can even remember just using DOS too.

I still can't figure out how to make some of the programs work XD
Wow. You used Windows 3.0 and DOS before *-*

I would like to hear more about how DOS worked. What kind of a computer did you have back then?

DOS is pretty much your command prompt these days. Everything was done via using things such at C:\ to get your hard drive, D:\ get your CD Drive (If you had one) and A:\ would get your Floppy Disc drive (Remember those?)

Then you had to use such commands as DIR to get your directory up but it would fly by far too fast so you had to do something like dir/p to make it slow down to a list per click lol. Lots of text based stuff in all honesty. DOS isn't really that complicated once you learn the command shortcuts.

Baz said:
DOS is pretty much your command prompt these days. Everything was done via using things such at C:\ to get your hard drive, D:\ get your CD Drive (If you had one) and A:\ would get your Floppy Disc drive (Remember those?)

Then you had to use such commands as DIR to get your directory up but it would fly by far too fast so you had to do something like dir/p to make it slow down to a list per click lol. Lots of text based stuff in all honesty. DOS isn't really that complicated once you learn the command shortcuts.

I remember floppy disks alright. My computer teacher showed it to us when we were in fourth grade. I never got to touch it though XDD

I don't dislike using a command based interface. It is comfortable for programming. On the other hand,GUI is easier to use =) I probably would have liked using DOS.

Now, my laptop has Windows 8 and my desktop has Windows 7 on them but I never have more than one operating system on the same computer.

Shaurya said:
Baz said:

I remember floppy disks alright. My computer teacher showed it to us when we were in fourth grade. I never got to touch it though XDD

I don't dislike using a command based interface. It is comfortable for programming. On the other hand,GUI is easier to use =) I probably would have liked using DOS.

It was a pain in the arse at times don't get me wrong, especially if your A or D drive failed. You can get some freeware programs that will allow you to play about with DOS :)

Baz said:
It was a pain in the arse at times don't get me wrong, especially if your A or D drive failed. You can get some freeware programs that will allow you to play about with DOS :)

I guess I should be grateful to the Windows 7 OS that was in the market by the time I got a laptop :3
I tried those programs but they don't give me the 'old' feel. The way Windows 1.0 does =)

I used Windows XP Pro 2003 along with Linux Ubuntu 8 when I used my old Desktop PC but I never had 2 OS in my laptops.

Back