Do you judge an anime based on the animation?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
The title is self-explanatory.
So, do you judge an anime based on the animation?

Even though the animation is bad, some anime are really good like slayers, inuyasha, yu yu hakusho.

So, be honest guys.

Not really. I mean I am not likely to watch an old anime from say the 80s or 90s because it feels more like a CARTOON than anything. But at the same time, if an anime's plot is slightly appealing I may give it a go. Because I am not majorly into graphics or anything.

Now if there are some low quality frames to the point where the audio isn't matching with the mouths moving or their actions seem delayed from the sound, i'll stop watching it or avoid it.

World trigger is one of my favorite anime and yet the animation isn't exactly spectacular. But I like the characters and plot.

Kai said:
Not really. I mean I am not likely to watch an old anime from say the 80s or 90s because it feels more like a CARTOON than anything. But at the same time, if an anime's plot is slightly appealing I may give it a go. Because I am not majorly into graphics or anything.

Now if there are some low quality frames to the point where the audio isn't matching with the mouths moving or their actions seem delayed from the sound, i'll stop watching it or avoid it.

World trigger is one of my favorite anime and yet the animation isn't exactly spectacular. But I like the characters and plot.

I have never really heard of this word trigger.
But I am glad to know that, not everyone judges an anime based on animation alone :D

I can tolerate low quality animation to some extent, but, if it starts causing head-ache, I'll drop it..... For example, I was able to tolerate OP at the start, in spite of its 'average' animation, but, I was not able to watch this anime called 'Kaiba' for more than one episode because of its really terrible animation, even though it had an interesting story......

MadaraUchiha said:
I can tolerate low quality animation to some extent, but, if it starts causing head-ache, I'll drop it..... For example, I was able to tolerate OP at the start, in spite of its 'average' animation, but, I was not able to watch this anime called 'Kaiba' for more than one episode because of its really terrible animation, even though it had an interesting story......

Kaiba?
I might want to take a look at it then.
I don't really care about animation much :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Kaiba?
I might want to take a look at it then.
I don't really care about animation much :D

Yeah, you can surely take a look at it, but, I'm not sure whether you'll like it........

Probably I do it even a little more than I want to admit to myself. Albeit never above a good recommendation.
Also some anime I used to watch was really weird looking like Saber Marionette J to X. Those cheeks. So I want to think I am pretty tolerant.
I have yet to drop an anime due art design alone.

Usually, I don't judge an anime only basing myself on the animation or on the drawing designs. Usually, when I'm looking for a new anime to watch to, I look for its plot on the internet and if it's nice, I will watch to it. For example I watched animes like "Kanon" which is very old and has bad animations but the story is still sad and nice at the same time so I watched it 2 times.

Daexto95 said:
Usually, I don't judge an anime only basing myself on the animation or on the drawing designs. Usually, when I'm looking for a new anime to watch to, I look for its plot on the internet and if it's nice, I will watch to it. For example I watched animes like "Kanon" which is very old and has bad animations but the story is still sad and nice at the same time so I watched it 2 times.

Have you heard of Inuyasha, yu yu hakusho?
Their animation isn't that good but the story isn't that bad.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Have you heard of Inuyasha, yu yu hakusho?
Their animation isn't that good but the story isn't that bad.

Yeah, I also think there's not a single person in the Earth who doesn't know "Inuyasha", obviously including me! I've never watched to it though and I won't ever do it.
Animes like those ones are not my kinds of anime, so I won't watch! "Yu Yu Hakusho" is not a famous anime but I've heard it's still cool. I'm considering to watch it ASAP.

Daexto95 said:
Yeah, I also think there's not a single person in the Earth who doesn't know "Inuyasha", obviously including me! I've never watched to it though and I won't ever do it.
Animes like those ones are not my kinds of anime, so I won't watch! "Yu Yu Hakusho" is not a famous anime but I've heard it's still cool. I'm considering to watch it ASAP.

anime are cool bro.
watch black butler first. to know more about me.

Sebastian said:
anime are cool bro.
watch black butler first. to know more about me.

Sorry, but I'm scared I must refuse your suggestion. One of my girl friends is a fanatic of that Sebastian guy and based on what she already told me till my drop, I won't watch to it ever!
That's not the kind of anime I like. Coming back to the thread "Anime", yeah they're very cool and give feelings to you that real life won't ever give!

Daexto95 said:

Well, I disagree with the first statement. Most of the anime fans never heard of Inuyasha.
They are normally into one piece, naruto, attack on titan :D

i don't judge it based on the animation alone but it's difficult to not to notice it when you see it first thing after you started watching something.

Back