Do you feel that you are mature for your age?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Have you ever felt this way?
Compromising with your older siblings just because they don't act their age. Have you done it before?

I don't know that age is a deciding factor for maturity. When I was 14 I had to work a full time job and take care of my younger siblings. When I was 16 I left home. By the time I was 23 I was married and had a kid. By a lot of peoples standards I was a lot more mature then, than they would say I am now. But the reality is that I haven't changed all that much but peoples expectations for me have changed because I'm in my 40s now and I'm not doing things the way they think I should.

I don't know that age is a deciding factor for maturity. When I was 14 I had to work a full time job and take care of my younger siblings. When I was 16 I left home. By the time I was 23 I was married and had a kid. By a lot of peoples standards I was a lot more mature then, than they would say I am now. But the reality is that I haven't changed all that much but peoples expectations for me have changed because I'm in my 40s now and I'm not doing things the way they think I should.
i never knew you had a rough life kaden. at 14 working a full time job, as a child that must have been really rough.
now, as long you like something do it and just because we are in 40s doesn't mean we don't have feelings and we do what we want

i never knew you had a rough life kaden. at 14 working a full time job, as a child that must have been really rough.
now, as long you like something do it and just because we are in 40s doesn't mean we don't have feelings and we do what we want
I never looked at it as being hard it just was the way things were. For the community I grew up in anyone 12 and up was an adult. Maybe a young one but still an adult.

I never looked at it as being hard it just was the way things were. For the community I grew up in anyone 12 and up was an adult. Maybe a young one but still an adult.
12 is a very tender age kaden.
may be that was how things are at that time. but i still feel that you guys had it rough. i moved out from my home after i turned 18

12 is a very tender age kaden.
may be that was how things are at that time. but i still feel that you guys had it rough. i moved out from my home after i turned 18
I guess it's why I feel like people depend on their parents and behave like kids theses days long after they should be self supporting.

I guess it's why I feel like people depend on their parents and behave like kids theses days long after they should be self supporting.
I feel that, people need to enjoy their childhood a little more, at least they come of legal age.
I admire you for taking the reins so early.

i feel you.
and i had to take responsibility when my sister wanted me to take care of her daughter and i had to grow up to be a good parent, for her

Nah not really! I definitely can be mature but I do feel I'm probably a bit less mature than some people my age. It's not necessarily a bad thing though!

I am not gonna act like I am the most mature person ever for my age. I'm for sure a bit immature at times. I can be mature, but have my immature moments too. Who doesn't? I miss my teen years more than anything, though!

I am 37 and when I look at teens on the road, I often feel that I am just too old and this feeling is growing a lot lately
I am 31 years old, and feel super old going onto anime forums and even gaming forums seeing 20 somethings and sometimes older teens.

I am not gonna act like I am the most mature person ever for my age. I'm for sure a bit immature at times. I can be mature, but have my immature moments too. Who doesn't? I miss my teen years more than anything, though!

I am 31 years old, and feel super old going onto anime forums and even gaming forums seeing 20 somethings and sometimes older teens.
lol yeah i love the teen years.
i was so rebellious at that time lol and my folks would want to jab me this time if i go back to my teen self.
31 isn't old kale. i am 40 and i have been on these forums for about 26 years.

You are still young and just passed your 20s.
Honestly, you shouldn't feel old just yet. 35 would be the right age to feel old.

I am 37 years old and I do feel mature for my age now. I feel that I matured quite quickly with having children at a young age and from there I ended up growing up and maturing more and more.

I will admit that I do still have a lot of fun sometimes but my maturity level never really changes.

Back