Do you feel embarrassed to say that you like a particular genre in anime?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
Top Poster Of Month
for me yes lol
and a lot of people around me doesn't like i am a fujoshi and i like shojo sometimes along with battle and seinen genres

No. Why should I care what other people think about what I like? I am what I am and who I am. Take it or leave it I don't care.

i did google for seinen manga and the target audience. will have to check what the words means if it's not genre later
It’s just a target demographic, as the word basically just means “young man”. Terms like shonen and seinen are kind of pointless things people argue over, because it’s entirely based on what magazine the manga was originally published in. So it’s completely arbitrary. You can have very similar series, but because they’re in different magazines, can be different demographics. Then there’s two very dissimilar series in the same magazine, but are the same demographic. There’s also quite a few series that were originally published in a shonen magazine, and for various reasons, get transferred to the publisher’s seinen magazine, but the series didn’t really change. So that really shows how arbitrary of a label it is.

Ghost in the Shell and K-on are both seinen manga.

Sometimes I do feel that way.
If I like something it's my business and I get that but people can say and judge and that is very hurtful

i did google for seinen manga and the target audience. will have to check what the words means if it's not genre later

that's cool kaden but what about the judgement?
Pardon my language but F**k their judgement! Nobody gets to judge me. They are entitled to their opinion and I'll even listen to it but that's as far as it goes.

It’s just a target demographic, as the word basically just means “young man”. Terms like shonen and seinen are kind of pointless things people argue over, because it’s entirely based on what magazine the manga was originally published in. So it’s completely arbitrary. You can have very similar series, but because they’re in different magazines, can be different demographics. Then there’s two very dissimilar series in the same magazine, but are the same demographic. There’s also quite a few series that were originally published in a shonen magazine, and for various reasons, get transferred to the publisher’s seinen magazine, but the series didn’t really change. So that really shows how arbitrary of a label it is.

Ghost in the Shell and K-on are both seinen manga.
i think i got it and it's like demographic rather than a genre. never quite understood that part before.

Pardon my language but F**k their judgement! Nobody gets to judge me. They are entitled to their opinion and I'll even listen to it but that's as far as it goes.
lol thanks for that.
i try not to curse here as clarie and others doesn't like it but yeah, we can't always focus on others but still i can't be that brave but thanks kadenmire. needed to hear those words a lot

i think i got it and it's like demographic rather than a genre. never quite understood that part before.
Yeah, it’s just a target audience. Most people outside of Japan are disconnected from it, as we don’t have access to the magazines the manga debuts in. So you don’t know the intended audience without looking it up.

Back