Do you correct the subtitles in your mind when they are incorrect, while watching anime?

Rinko

V.I.P. Member
I do that now and probably they just refer to the different context by making use of the same word.
After watching so many anime, I relate some Japanese words to some English words and can't get used to other English words. Like 'Damn it' and if they $hit , it would look weird

lol this happens to me a lot now.
i know some words, not enough for a conversation but i know the meaning lol and i have been watching anime for more than a decade.

Sometimes yes but it's more along the lines of 'shouldn't this word be used for that word' etc.,
However, there could be more to a single word

Most subs aren’t really that different like weabs pretend them to be.
true lol
but for people who don't know the language they think it's different and most of the time the words also gets censored like $hit is replaced with 'Damn it'

true lol
but for people who don't know the language they think it's different and most of the time the words also gets censored like $hit is replaced with 'Damn it'
Tbh, there really isn’t a distinction between the two, so that’s up to the interpreter.

I try not to but I've found I do want to correct it. Especially if it fits the context better. It's definitely hard when there's a language barrier & we have different words that can mean the same thing.

Tbh, there really isn’t a distinction between the two, so that’s up to the interpreter.
never knew and each language is different and the curse words could be different too.
some things obvious ones wouldn't cross my mind until someone slaps me with those.

I try not to but I've found I do want to correct it. Especially if it fits the context better. It's definitely hard when there's a language barrier & we have different words that can mean the same thing.
Only if we know the language we can do it.
I don't have Japanese language knowledge and it's hard to find those contexts. Do you speak Japanese?

Back