Do you care a lot about grammar in posts?

Rinko

V.I.P. Member
Top Poster Of Month
In any social media, do you care a lot about grammar?
The other day I was talking to someone and they told me to add 'period' after a sentence ends and it left me speechless.

It depends on how bad it is. If it's intelligible, I don't care, but if it isn't, then you need to learn 2 English.

I only become a grammar nazi when someone is calling people idiots, and they can't spell or use proper punctuation, there's an irony behind it. My favorite is "your an idiot".

Eh, I used to care more when I was younger I guess. To certain degree, I do try to keep a good grammar and spelling. Regardless if I am writing in English or in my first language. However when I am just sending text messages I find more important to pour my thoughts as they come and with my fat fingers I do end up making mistakes more often that I'd like to admit.

Honestly? Yes I do. Proper spelling and grammar make a huge difference to me. I know that we are drifting back to a more pictographic language with fewer words and thus less punctuation needed but that's no excuse for for just being carless and sloppy.

Honestly? Yes I do. Proper spelling and grammar make a huge difference to me. I know that we are drifting back to a more pictographic language with fewer words and thus less punctuation needed but that's no excuse for for just being carless and sloppy.
that's unexpected kaden
i hope it's not annoying for you when i don't follow all the rules.

that's unexpected kaden
i hope it's not annoying for you when i don't follow all the rules.
Well I'm not trying to offend anybody and normally wouldn't say anything to anybody but the question was asked. It's just one of my pet peeves. We always have good conversations DarkAngel so I'm not going to let a little verbal entropy ruin a good thing.

Well I'm not trying to offend anybody and normally wouldn't say anything to anybody but the question was asked. It's just one of my pet peeves. We always have good conversations DarkAngel so I'm not going to let a little verbal entropy ruin a good thing.
lol thanks kaden
i was told my english is bad so many times i lost count and i did try to improve it but nothing came out of it.

Forgive me, I chuckled a bit with how you spelled careless. It made me remember how back in the day I wanted really hard to have perfect grammar and punctuation and it was usually threads like this where I accidentally would do small slips like this. Back then I would put myself immense pressure to live up to my self-imposed standards striving for perfection because as soon as people knew English was my second language I was ripped to shred for the most minimal mistake. Even by people that wouldn't bother to capitalize their paragraphs, they somehow felt the need to broadcast my mistakes no matter how common they were among native speakers. It took me over a decade to be able to ease up and allow myself to make mistakes. So it warms my heart seeing your exchange with Dark Angel and I hope there are more people like you that treat others well even when it comes to pet peeves.

I am sorry if it was wrong on my part to say this since I know we haven't really interact much and I pretty much just come here, post for a bit then vanish. I promise I didn't mean anything bad by quoting you and tried hard not to be the kind of jerk I often would encounter so I apologize if I failed at that.

Forgive me, I chuckled a bit with how you spelled careless. It made me remember how back in the day I wanted really hard to have perfect grammar and punctuation and it was usually threads like this where I accidentally would do small slips like this. Back then I would put myself immense pressure to live up to my self-imposed standards striving for perfection because as soon as people knew English was my second language I was ripped to shred for the most minimal mistake. Even by people that wouldn't bother to capitalize their paragraphs, they somehow felt the need to broadcast my mistakes no matter how common they were among native speakers. It took me over a decade to be able to ease up and allow myself to make mistakes. So it warms my heart seeing your exchange with Dark Angel and I hope there are more people like you that treat others well even when it comes to pet peeves.

I am sorry if it was wrong on my part to say this since I know we haven't really interact much and I pretty much just come here, post for a bit then vanish. I promise I didn't mean anything bad by quoting you and tried hard not to be the kind of jerk I often would encounter so I apologize if I failed at that.
LOL I guess that shows me. I'm ranting about proper spelling and grammar and misspell a word myself. You are all good. I hope anybody here would feel comfortable talking to me. Even to critasize or disagree with me. As long as you aren't bad mouthing my Mum or my babies or my spouses I'm cool.

LOL I guess that shows me. I'm ranting about proper spelling and grammar and misspell a word myself. You are all good. I hope anybody here would feel comfortable talking to me. Even to critasize or disagree with me. As long as you aren't bad mouthing my Mum or my babies or my spouses I'm cool.
thanks for putting up with me kaden.
i never noticed it and i wouldn't have known how to post with proper grammar lol.
that's one perk in a small community

I will be the first to admit that I can sometimes pull people up on grammar but I have learned to not let it get to me as much now as I know people will always post how they wish to on social media.

When it comes to me working or even posting on forums though, I am always careful with my grammar, I am not happy unless I know my work and posts are up to scratch and a standard I am happy with.

I will be the first to admit that I can sometimes pull people up on grammar but I have learned to not let it get to me as much now as I know people will always post how they wish to on social media.

When it comes to me working or even posting on forums though, I am always careful with my grammar, I am not happy unless I know my work and posts are up to scratch and a standard I am happy with.
that's cool shortie
i know people who always blast me as i don't use the general format of caps

that's cool shortie
i know people who always blast me as i don't use the general format of caps
See, I don't mind saying something if I know how to say it is a polite way but when it comes to things such as social media and even forums as well, It's not something I get to fussed about.

If it's someone who is writing professionally then I could understand someone saying something as that would be understandable.

See, I don't mind saying something if I know how to say it is a polite way but when it comes to things such as social media and even forums as well, It's not something I get to fussed about.

If it's someone who is writing professionally then I could understand someone saying something as that would be understandable.
true lol
forums are vary you lounge around to have fun but yet people want to properly maintain the posts which can be troublesome for others.

true lol
forums are vary you lounge around to have fun but yet people want to properly maintain the posts which can be troublesome for others.
I can understand it if it is a forum that is a business or even a forum where the need to be formal and the grammar and spelling is important, that should be put forward to the members when they sign up though so that they know. But for anything that is not that kind of forum, I would say should be allowed a laid-back approach when posting.

Back