Differences of manga from anime .. [One Piece Storyline]

Albert Newton

Well.... folks.. as we  all (mostly) know...  there are some differences seen in manga as compared to the anime...  so.. guys  any one remember such differences..?

and if you do.. post it here .. and i'd update this post with some differences as well .. :D

well... the one i know is .. : During the Kuro Arc, Jango threw a blade disc at Nami while she was trying to wake Luffy up. In the anime, Luffy caught the disc in his mouth. In the manga, it gets embedded in the back of his head. Yet somehow he was able to walk it off.

also i heard that there was some thing different about Ace's tattoo .

Don't know or remember welll.......
But i do know that violet's figure and features are better in manga than the anime...

Are there any big changes plot wise?
Are there characters than exist either only the manga or just the anime?

Many times a character gets invented for the animated series or disappears from the manga and other characters carry their actions instead. So i wonder if that is the case here.

Kaynil said:
Are there any big changes plot wise?
Are there characters than exist either only the manga or just the anime?

Many times a character gets invented for the animated series or disappears from the manga and other characters carry their actions instead. So i wonder if that is the case here.

Anime's contain extra non-cannon characters............All the characters of the manga version are there in the anime............They need $$ after all..........More characters means more run-time means more $$$............

Demon_skeith said:
I know the anime censored a lot of things, like White beard's flag and how he got hurt in the war arc.

I suppose any anime which is famous among kids or teenagers does that...

fillers bro xD
they are not present in the manga and one such filler is the water loo arc xD

Kizaru said:
fillers bro xD
they are not present in the manga and one such filler is the water loo arc xD

oh.. lol. so manga goes straight to the point while anime beats around the bush.. ? :p

Albert Newton said:
oh.. lol. so manga goes straight to the point while anime beats around the bush.. ? :p

Now, I don't know what to say :D
Are we supposed to start reading manga, then? :D

Albert Newton said:

i am no reader bro.
what makes you think that I can assess everything? xD
do you read manga?

A lot of people often talk about this. I witnessed a big debate about this in university and I don't think it came to an end.. There were a few things people said, I am not aware of this being true or not:

Anime is made by a different country to manga
Anime is animation of a cartoon or show on TV, manga is more about graphic novels.

MrGravyCakes said:
A lot of people often talk about this. I witnessed a big debate about this in university and I don't think it came to an end.. There were a few things people said, I am not aware of this being true or not:

Anime is made by a different country to manga
Anime is animation of a cartoon or show on TV, manga is more about graphic novels.

duuuuuuuuuuuude
they didn't ask you about all that shit.
what eps are different from manga will be the question here xD

Mansi14 said:
Demon_skeith said:
I know the anime censored a lot of things, like White beard's flag and how he got hurt in the war arc.

I suppose any anime which is famous among kids or teenagers does that...
Why do you think that? I mean, Fullmetal Alchemist is more graphic than One Piece and it is still popular among teenagers...

Back