Demon's Souls Gameplay Trailer | PS5

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
I was initially only going to try Sekiro and Bloodborne (which comes with PS+ on day one) on PS5 but this is too good to ignore:

[video=youtube]

They keep out doing themselves when it comes to bosses.. However this combat looks nowhere near as elegant and beautiful as Sekiro's. Same for the environments but this has much better graphics. I see that there's a shield this time unlike dark souls which is literally just a hit and roll simulator.
Now it's PS only and I don't expect it to change even with time so I'm considering buying a PS over a PC. But I haven't touched a controller in like over 10 years I don't think this is the game to ease myself into controller usage.

Burnsy said:
They keep out doing themselves when it comes to bosses.. However this combat looks nowhere near as elegant and beautiful as Sekiro's. Same for the environments but this has much better graphics. I see that there's a shield this time unlike dark souls which is literally just a hit and roll simulator.
Now it's PS only and I don't expect it to change even with time so I'm considering buying a PS over a PC. But I haven't touched a controller in like over 10 years I don't think this is the game to ease myself into controller usage.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but... This is a remake of the first Souls game, Demon's Souls which was released only on PS3 more than a decade ago. Bluepoint is remaking this from the ground up.

As for PC yeah:/ unlikely. Both Bloodborne (From Software game, IP owned by Playstation) and Shadow of the Colossus (Bluepoint's previous remake) didn't get PC ports. This IP is also owned by Playstation made by Bluepoint so yeah probably not happening.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but... This is a remake of the first Souls game, Demon's Souls which was released only on PS3 more than a decade ago. Bluepoint is remaking this from the ground up.

As for PC yeah:/ unlikely. Both Bloodborne (From Software game, IP owned by Playstation) and Shadow of the Colossus (Bluepoint's previous remake) didn't get PC ports. This IP is also owned by Playstation made by Bluepoint so yeah probably not happening.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='224502' dateline='1604006759']

I know it's a remake. I have no idea about the original so I will be clueless if they have changed any bosses or the storyline or anything really.  But the main question on every Fromsoftware game is how hard is it. Can't tell that just from this trailer. 
Sony is obnoxious with this exclusives crap and it is working which is the sad part.
However Elden ring was always the main game I was eyeing and this was just a surprise distraction.
[/quote]

Their reasoning is that they are funding the entire thing. I personally don't care, I just want to play games.

As for the remake, it's basically the same game with updated QoL changes to make it more modern(omni directional rolling, load time elimination). Difficulty level is the same as the original too.

So I watched gameplay and most importantly some of the boss fights and they look so unbelievably easy that I wouldn't even consider playing it if it was on PC. Plus it has everything I didn't like about dark souls 3 which mad me drop it. But it looks pretty and if you haven't played a previous such game it could be a good starting point.

Back