Deleting spam accounts as well as zero post count accounts

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
The title says everything. I am goign to delete all the spam accounts and zero post count accounts. 

We don't want our site to have users, just for the same of name and fame. So, if you haven't made any posts with your new account, please post and DO NOT blame us, for deleting your account later.

The purging is due on this weekend. So, you guys better hurry up :D

What I'm trying to point out is that when visitors come to the forum, one of the first thing they do is look in the footer at the stats. If they see that the forum has a lot of members and a lot of posts, they are more likely to sign up. But if they see something like, 6 members and 32 posts, they will lose interest and leave.

alakazam said:
What I'm trying to point out is that when visitors come to the forum, one of the first thing they do is look in the footer at the stats. If they see that the forum has a lot of members and a lot of posts, they are more likely to sign up. But if they see something like, 6 members and 32 posts, they will lose interest and leave.

We have a very sad history, alakazam.
This forum was really active five months ago.
But because for our hosting provider, we had experienced a downtime of three weeks and we lost all the active users :(
We are trying to prevent such things from happening again by deleting spam accounts now and then.
We had had 14000 members but most of them are spam accounts.
It took us three hours to delete them!

Well, you can delete spam accounts, but, make sure that we have atleast 250 accounts, even if they are zero-post accounts..............Reason-->Refer Alakazam's post.........

Back