Death Note Trailer 2

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
This trailer was underwhelming, in my opinion. As I already mentioned, the lead actor doesn't remotely look like Light. Light is extremely popular in school, and is persuasive, and charismatic. This guy looks like he's stoned, and socially awkward. Plus, his actions also seem pretty dumb. One of the defining characteristics of Kira is that he is a loner. And, here, it looks like he's going around doing some kind of 'revolution'. And, this looks more like a high-school hipster movie than an adaptation of Death Note. And, don't even get me started on L. 
This is irrelevant, but, another thing that concerns me is that this guy is gonna direct Godzilla vs Kong(2020), the sequel to Godzilla(2014) and Kong: Skull Island(2017) and the upcoming Godzilla 2(2019). The first two are competently made movies, and if this guy can't adapt Death Note properly, I'm gonna have serious concerns about the battle of the monsters.

What do you think about the second trailer for the Netflix live-action adaptation of Death Note?
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxNaSIB_WI

Will you be watching it? I don't think I would be hopefully they will release something original and some later point of time

Nel said:
Will you be watching it? I don't think I would be hopefully they will release something original and some later point of time

If it gets good reviews, I'll watch it.

MadaraUchiha said:
If it gets good reviews, I'll watch it.

Did you watch the previous live action of death note? Or L change the world?

Nel said:
L change the world is a good watch. You should watch it some time
I see. It's just that I have so many far better things to watch as far as live-action is concerned.

MadaraUchiha said:
I see. It's just that I have so many far better things to watch as far as live-action is concerned.

Cool. Then add it to your watchlist and watch it when you have time

I know that. It's just that whenever a watch a live-action version, it looks more like cosplay than make-up and costumes.

MadaraUchiha said:
I know that. It's just that whenever a watch a live-action version, it looks more like cosplay than make-up and costumes.

Just watch for 10 minutes and I think the actress done Justice to balsas character

MadaraUchiha said:
I'll certainly give it a go after I finish the anime.

Finish the anime? Are you really planning to watch the anime?

Back