Death note live action

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
I was Just checking live action the other day and I good to know that there are three different versions for death note be it movie or just episodes.
Anyone watched all of them here?
I only watched the movie l change the world and one version of death note

There is actually currently 5 live action death note movies. Four are a Japanese based series while one is a very recent netflix movie made for western audiences. It was suppose to air in theaters but it could only get as far as online tv viewing.

Demon_skeith said:
There is actually currently 5 live action death note movies. Four are a Japanese based series while one is a very recent netflix movie made for western audiences. It was suppose to air in theaters but it could only get as far as online tv viewing.
Oh... Is that so. Thank you. I will try to watch all of them. No one could get bored of death note...

Claraviolet said:
Oh... Is that so. Thank you. I will try to watch all of them. No one could get bored of death note...

indeed, though I have yet to watch the live action movies since they do have mixed reviews. But I'll watch them one day.

light in anime is so handsome but the 3d light is plain. i can't get my head around it. that's why not all anime should be made into live action

Demon_skeith said:
indeed, though I have yet to watch the live action movies since they do have mixed reviews. But I'll watch them one day.

Not all the live action are good but sometimes they are a bit refreshing to watch after a long time.

Demon_skeith said:

Isn't death note popular? I wonder what stopped it from airing in theatres.
It's supposed to be the best anime of all time.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Netflix releases a lot of movies online, and they've been producing tons of anime movies and series for the Japanese audience, with a Japanese cast. The most recent example being a live-action Erased series. 
This was always going to be a Netflix movie.

Uhh... Are you giving reply to my main post or for others posts kiddo?
You just heard that there is a Western version of that anime that is not made by Japan....

Claraviolet said:
Uhh... Are you giving reply to my main post or for others posts kiddo?
You just heard that there is a Western version of that anime that is not made by Japan....

I can't spend all the time in my forum in clearing up your misconceptions.
Demon Skeith said that the most recent western Death Note live-action movie that was released in August 2017 didn't end up in theatres, and hence went to Netflix. To that, I said this was produced by Netflix itself, and was always going to end up in Netflix.

MadaraUchiha said:
I can't spend all the time in my forum in clearing up your misconceptions.
Demon Skeith said that the most recent western Death Note live-action movie that was released in August 2017 didn't end up in theatres, and hence went to Netflix. To that, I said this was produced by Netflix itself, and was always going to end up in Netflix.

Why you... Empathy kiddo... Well I have been thinking about various stuff to get out of my current situation... Even I know no one can help it now... So cut me some slack ;_;
If I ware to say I don't know any other Netflix stuff would you be surprised?

Claraviolet said:
Why you... Empathy kiddo... Well I have been thinking about various stuff to get out of my current situation... Even I know no one can help it now... So cut me some slack ;_;
If I ware to say I don't know any other Netflix stuff would you be surprised?

Netflix is investing billions of dollars into anime, and Japanese properties. Just know that for now.

MadaraUchiha said:
Netflix is investing billions of dollars into anime, and Japanese properties. Just know that for now.

I see.
Thanks for the info kiddo ._.
I really should learn more about anime and other things from time to time.

MadaraUchiha said:

it always makes them available online and you can watch them by a subscription.

yaoifangirl said:
it always makes them available online and you can watch them by a subscription.

For now I'm not gonna subscribe to Netflix. It's only been a year since they came to India, and they are charging a lot. And, I'm not even sure whether most of their catalogue is available here.

MadaraUchiha said:
For now I'm not gonna subscribe to Netflix. It's only been a year since they came to India, and they are charging a lot. And, I'm not even sure whether most of their catalogue is available here.

you could support animators and support mangakas works. just an year in india then you should probably wait for 2-3 years

Back