Death Note Creator's Platinum End Getting Anime

Demon_skeith

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A stage presentation at the Jump Festa '21 event on Saturday revealed that Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba's Platinum End manga will get a television anime adaptation that will premiere on TBS in fall 2021.

Viz Media has been publishing the manga simultaneously in English digitally since the manga's launch. The company also publishes the manga in print and will publish the 12th volume on January 5. The company describes the first volume:

As his classmates celebrate their middle school graduation, troubled Mirai is mired in darkness. But his battle is just beginning when he receives some salvation from above in the form of an angel. Now Mirai is pitted against 12 other chosen humans in a battle in which the winner becomes the next god of the world. Mirai has an angel in his corner, but he may need to become a devil to survive.

Burnsy said:
This is literally the plot of Mirrai nikki. What?

I know, I did a double take when I read the description, slightly altered, but I'm surprised the guy was able to get away with it.

We have a trailer for this show. Will be checking it out but not hearing good things about the manga.

Burnsy said:
We have a trailer for this show. Will be checking it out but not hearing good things about the manga.

Yeah, people are confused why it is getting an anime. Though sometimes anime can fix things.

Back