Darling in the FranXX

Risk

I wasn't really planning to watch any other seasonal anime apart from Violet Evergarden but I decided to check this out and it looks like its gonna be good it kinda. The style feels like a mix between kill la kill and flcl, both of which I liked a lot. So have any of you seen the first episode yet or are planning to, what do you think of it so far?

If it's not long, I am going to watch this. I don't mind anything. My favorite is vampire Knight, so you get the picture

KuranKaname said:
If it's not long, I am going to watch this. I don't mind anything. My favorite is vampire Knight, so you get the picture

It is going to be 24 episodes with weekly releases of new episodes, only 1 is out so far.

Risk said:
It is going to be 24 episodes with weekly releases of new episodes, only 1 is out so far.

Just one? I never thought one episode would make good impression on people. Now I am curious so I will take a look at it

Risk said:

Great. I will watch it after it completed airing. If you stopped liking this anime, after sometime, let me know

KuranKaname said:
Great. I will watch it after it completed airing. If you stopped liking this anime, after sometime, let me know

Yeah I guess that is the risk of watching an airing anime you don't know weather it will be good or not or it could turn back half way through but so far it has good ratings, but its only one episodes and this is only some of the first seasonal stuff I've ever watched. But I'll let you know.

This was the only new anime I was planning to check out from this season other than Violet Evergarden(but I ended up watching a bunch of new ones anyway), and... I don't know, like that was a rocky setup for me. I'll definitely keep watching it for sure.

Risk said:
Yeah I guess that is the risk of watching an airing anime you don't know weather it will be good or not or it could turn back half way through but so far it has good ratings, but its only one episodes and this is only some of the first seasonal stuff I've ever watched. But I'll let you know.

thanks. i will watch out for your words for this. i would like to watch something different and this anime, loks interesting and funny

Anyone else been keeping up with the series, I've been liking it a lot recently although the past 2 new episodes just implemented a lot of new stuff into the series that had not been mentioned at all up until now and it got kinda confusing but I'm still enjoying it.

I have been thinking of watching it but I don't like romance stuff at all.
So I am kinda hesitant to pick it up.
So does it contain that stuff way more than clannad?
If so, I will pass....

Claraviolet said:
I have been thinking of watching it but I don't like romance stuff at all.
So I am kinda hesitant to pick it up.
So does it contain that stuff way more than clannad?
If so, I will pass....

I have not seen clannad but the series is pretty decent although if does have a fair amount of romance in it.

Risk said:
Anyone else been keeping up with the series, I've been liking it a lot recently although the past 2 new episodes just implemented a lot of new stuff into the series that had not been mentioned at all up until now and it got kinda confusing but I'm still enjoying it.

Yeah a lot of people were not happy about those two episodes because they just introduced so much random new stuff that had literally never been talked about, shown or mentioned at all until that one episode but I liked it mostly up until then its still decent in my opinion and I will finish the series anyway hopefully they can end it off a bit better then how the recent episodes went.

Just finished ep 19 myself, not going to lie considering this is the same people behind Kill La Kill I'm having a really hard time in wanting to keep watching this show. I don't know, its just not interesting enough? Everything seems to dull and bland.

i can watch 25 episodes. the title is cheesy and i think it might disappoint me and didn't pick it up but after reading this thread, i changed my mind

Demon_skeith said:
Just finished ep 19 myself, not going to lie considering this is the same people behind Kill La Kill I'm having a really hard time in wanting to keep watching this show. I don't know, its just not interesting enough? Everything seems to dull and bland.

Kill la Kill is the only reason why I decided to give this one a go, but I actually didn't find the first 18 episodes to be dull and bland but the last 3 episodes dropped the ball hard.
Risk said:
Yeah a lot of people were not happy about those two episodes because they just introduced so much random new stuff that had literally never been talked about, shown or mentioned at all until that one episode but I liked it mostly up until then its still decent in my opinion and I will finish the series anyway hopefully they can end it off a bit better then how the recent episodes went.

I'm of the opinion that it had pretty decent world-building, actually utilised anime as a visual medium, and didn't have any big exposition dump for the first 18 episodes. I genuinely thought it was gonna have a new season since there surely wasn't enough episodes left to resolve things unless they rush it to hell, which they did, unfortunately. The only thing they can take away from this in hindsight is that perhaps they need to move the plot along a bit faster to avoid a situation like this when they make their next anime. Trigger is still a pretty popular studio that has a good name among fans so they can easily redeem themselves from this(not that this is a bad anime, it isn't, it ended up being a disappointment, at least for me).

Hopefully their next anime will be more exciting from start to end. Safe to say this anime is a hit or a miss with fans.

Back