Cyberpunk 2077 devs getting death threats over the game's delays.

There's another side to the Cyberpunk delay thing too, the devs have been massively abused, with 100 hour weeks. So while this is bad, the management has been a shitshow there. Even the CEO said crunch wasn't bad in an earnings call yesterday, got called out hard and apologized to everyone.

But yeah I'll never understand shit like this. Naughty Dog and Insomniac were subject to this BS too this year.

MadaraUchiha said:
There's another side to the Cyberpunk delay thing too, the devs have been massively abused, with 100 hour weeks. So while this is bad, the management has been a shitshow there. Even the CEO said crunch wasn't bad in an earnings call yesterday, got called out hard and apologized to everyone.

But yeah I'll never understand shit like this. Naughty Dog and Insomniac were subject to this BS too this year.

Demon_skeith said:
You have to wonder if it will ever release? But it does not pay to be popular these days.

The problem seems to be optimization with current gen consoles according to the CEO. I'd imagine the base Xbox One from 2013 is really struggling because a lot of major AAA games from the last two years didn't run well on it(DMC 5, Sekiro, etc). They are saying it's gonna take only 21 days but I doubt it. It's just baffling and hilarious to me that they delayed it after going gold.

MadaraUchiha said:
The problem seems to be optimization with current gen consoles according to the CEO. I'd imagine the base Xbox One from 2013 is really struggling because a lot of major AAA games from the last two years didn't run well on it(DMC 5, Sekiro, etc). They are saying it's gonna take only 21 days but I doubt it. It's just baffling and hilarious to me that they delayed it after going gold.

seems they had two reasons, getting it to work on old hardware and making sure their meta score remain high.

Demon_skeith said:
seems they had two reasons, getting it to work on old hardware and making sure their meta score remain high.

I can't even imagine how big the day one patch is gonna be but I guess working your employees to death can ensure you release a polished game.

MadaraUchiha said:
I can't even imagine how big the day one patch is gonna be but I guess working your employees to death can ensure you release a polished game.

I thought the crunch wasn't that bad as reported?

The gaming community sure loves leaving death threats.

The irony of complaining that devs aren’t gamers like adults, and this happens

Demon_skeith said:
I thought the crunch wasn't that bad as reported?

Nope that 6-day overtime was just tip of the iceberg. Crunch has been happening for several months, with some working 100 hour weeks. This reminds me a lot of Anthem and ME Andromeda.

Well, I don't agree at all with sending death threats, but as aforementioned by somebody else CDPR haven't really been treating their employees too well during this development cycle. I certainly don't think they deserve to die over it but I definitely don't offer them any sympathy either.

Demon_skeith said:
At least it finally comes out this week, to praise or more death threats though?

All that has subsided but I'm more worried about the patches. Some of the leaked footage look really bad, especially the combat which isn't exactly surprising considering The Witcher 3 had clunky combat. The install size is now 102 GB, up from the previously mentioned 70 GB on PS5 and the day one patch is supposed to be extremely beefy.

Back