Convince me to watch anime

MadaraUchiha said:
I wouldn't convince anyone to be honest. If at all someone come and asks me of their own accord for a recommendation, I'll just tell something that's probably accessible to anyone and doesn't contain any weird anime sensibilities. So that'd include most of the Jump adaptations, from Naruto, Bleach to something recent like My Hero Academia and Haikyuu. And shows that are commonly acknowledged as being a good "first show", like Death Note(which is also a Jump adaptation), FMAB and Spirited Away(technically a movie).
The first two I'd recommend would always be Death Note and FMAB and if someone complains to me about them(especiallyy after full finishing them) I'd ask them to bugger off.

Those would be some good first anime and some that I like early on as well so I think it would go well.

I like to think that anime is so wide and board that it is very easy for someone to find something they like. I even manage to get my parents into watching a few shows.

Risk said:
Those would be some good first anime and some that I like early on as well so I think it would go well.

The only person I went out of my way to convince was my 10-year-old cousin(this was 3 years ago, he's 13 now) and I obviously had to give him age appropriate so I brain-washed him to watch nothing other than Naruto.
He ended up finishing it faster than I expected so I recommended Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail. He ignored the last one purely based on the name, One Piece bored him out of his mind and he liked Bleach and loved Hunter x Hunter 2011, which is something I honestly I didn't want him to see yet because HxH is so nuanced, layered and thematically rich.
And for some reason I mentioned Food Wars and he ended up watching it. Which I'm not exactly proud of. Though he did say he loved it.

Back