Convince me to watch anime

sarhad12

Alright very simple, I don't watch anime as you are aware by reading the question on topic.
However I'am giving you chance to convince me or non anime followers to start watching anime.

What is so special about anime and how would non anime followers enjoy watching anime from what they usually watch?

sarhad12 said:
Alright very simple, I don't watch anime as you are aware by reading the question on topic.
However I'am giving you chance to convince me or non anime followers to start watching anime.

What is so special about anime and how would non anime followers enjoy watching anime from what they usually watch?

Now this is unexpected :D
Benefits in watching anime:
1.You don't have to bother about actor's acting :D
2.Anime episodes are released every week.
3.Anime is divided into so many genres(Horror,action,slice of life..you name it!) :D
4.Try the best anime for starters.Like death note!

Anime isn't for kids.So,make sure to keep this in mind while watching gore anime like hellsing.And do not watch such anime with kids :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
sarhad12 said:

Now this is unexpected :D
Benefits in watching anime:
1.You don't have to bother about actor's acting :D
2.Anime episodes are released every week.
3.Anime is divided into so many genres(Horror,action,slice of life..you name it!) :D
4.Try the best anime for starters.Like death note!

Anime isn't for kids.So,make sure to keep this in mind while watching gore anime like hellsing.And do not watch such anime with kids :D

Interesting reply, I always thought of kids when it came to anime, and was shocked to find out so many of you watch them, but after reading this thread my views are slightly changed. Ill give the ones you mentioned a go and hope It wont be long before I join you guys in discussing my favorite anime soon.

sarhad12 said:
Interesting reply, I always thought of kids when it came to anime, and was shocked to find out so many of you watch them, but after reading this thread my views are slightly changed. Ill give the ones you mentioned a go and hope It wont be long before I join you guys in discussing my favorite anime soon.

I am sure you will get addicted to anime yourself :D
Would you mind adding an avatar, sarhad12?

I don't mind thank you for reminding and yes Ill add it straight away, sorry for not doing it till now didnt relaise.

Excuse my ignorance, as I came into this thread wanting to be convinced also (I too do not watch anime.)
What on Earth is 'Slice of Life' and what's a good example I can find in English? (In case it appeals to me)

identityissues8 said:
Excuse my ignorance, as I came into this thread wanting to be convinced also (I too do not watch anime.)
What on Earth is 'Slice of Life' and what's a good example I can find in English? (In case it appeals to me)

Slice of life, indicates everyday in our life.There are so many events in our every day life.This genre exposes those little events. Clannad is such anime.There is a saying that,no once can hold back their tears while watching "clannad" and "clannad after story".

@[sarhad12] @[identityissues8] Slice of life is a genre which is meant for inspiration and hard-work.........The best anime belonging to this genre is Bakuman, which is about two guys who aspire to become famous manga writers.............Btw, the major genre in Clannad is romance............

Now, as far as the reasons for watching anime are concerned, all I can tell you is that, it's watch-base is not restricted to kids.............So, anime's have complex stories which make us use our minds............

You can check out myanimelist.net ..............Most of the senior members have an account there and their ranking of anime's is quite reliable.............My fav's are Death Note and Code Geass...............You can also check out Attack on Titan, Steins; Gate, etc...............

Well well...
You should watch anime due to various reasons...
And the biggest misunderstanding people have for anime is that it is made for kids.
That is absolutely not true. In fact there are many many anime which shouldn't be watched by kids.
And anime teaches you a lot of things...
Be it some Basic manners, life philosophies, little Japanese or just entertainment!!

You like lots of blood and killing...
or mysteries and thriller...
or tragedy and romance..
There is everything in anime!
and if you like to read manga is a plus :D

Mansi14 said:
Well well...
You should watch anime due to various reasons...
And the biggest misunderstanding people have for anime is that it is made for kids.
That is absolutely not true. In fact there are many many anime which shouldn't be watched by kids.
And anime teaches you a lot of things...
Be it some Basic manners, life philosophies, little Japanese or just entertainment!!

You like lots of blood and killing...
or mysteries and thriller...
or tragedy and romance..
There is everything in anime!
and if you like to read manga is a plus :D

that's a good way to putting everything. people never give their preferred genres or categories when we give out a good recommendation, they would simply say it's not to their liking.

SecretWish said:
that's a good way to putting everything. people never give their preferred genres or categories when we give out a good recommendation, they would simply say it's not to their liking.

You have to be careful whom you recommend what I believe, or you'd end up scaring away that person.

I was so eager to type and shit to convince whoever it was..... Only to realize that dude is a history far as AMF is concerned.. Still.. The greatest mystery in this thread still remains a mystery.. *Did ya folks convince him* ... 

-stay tuned.....

I think a big problem when people try to get someone into anime is they just tell them to watch their favorite anime and then they don't like it and end up getting put of anime for ever so you should find them something that they will actually like.

Risk said:
I think a big problem when people try to get someone into anime is they just tell them to watch their favorite anime and then they don't like it and end up getting put of anime for ever so you should find them something that they will actually like.

Some ppl hate to watch anime for no reason at all.. So convincing them is pointless.. Gotta have interest on your own sometimes .. Thats the only way ya will love things naturally rather than getting pointed in directions told by ppl around..

Sase said:
Some ppl hate to watch anime for no reason at all.. So convincing them is pointless.. Gotta have interest on your own sometimes .. Thats the only way ya will love things naturally rather than getting pointed in directions told by ppl around..

I disagree, someone I knew who really hated anime once got suggested something and now he watched anime all the time. I was trying to say before that people try make new anime viewers watch something they wont like just because it is their favorite and they need to spend some time to find out what they like before they shove all their favorites down their throat if they do this they will think all anime is like the few they have seen and didn't like. As long as they are willing to try at least one anime or even one episode of something they might half enjoy it could convince them to watch more.

Risk said:
I disagree, someone I knew who really hated anime once got suggested something and now he watched anime all the time. I was trying to say before that people try make new anime viewers watch something they wont like just because it is their favorite and they need to spend some time to find out what they like before they shove all their favorites down their throat if they do this they will think all anime is like the few they have seen and didn't like. As long as they are willing to try at least one anime or even one episode of something they might half enjoy it could convince them to watch more.

Well the same can go for the guy you mentioned it is just one guy its worked out better for me even a few people I got into it just watched a few and left it there but if they ask or we get on the topic of anime I'll help them look for some stuff they like its worth a shot why not.

I wouldn't convince anyone to be honest. If at all someone come and asks me of their own accord for a recommendation, I'll just tell something that's probably accessible to anyone and doesn't contain any weird anime sensibilities. So that'd include most of the Jump adaptations, from Naruto, Bleach to something recent like My Hero Academia and Haikyuu. And shows that are commonly acknowledged as being a good "first show", like Death Note(which is also a Jump adaptation), FMAB and Spirited Away(technically a movie).
The first two I'd recommend would always be Death Note and FMAB and if someone complains to me about them(especiallyy after full finishing them) I'd ask them to bugger off.

Back