Cloud source funding an anime

kadenmire

V.I.P. Member
If you saw that a manga writer was asking for funds through something like GoFundMe to produce an anime of their manga would you buy in? I would if I liked the story even if the rewards weren't much or nothing. I would look at it like donating on Patron.

if i had enough, i would certainly give it kaden
but it depends on the manga story too. it should be interesting and it should have enough to attract people

I can see this being a good thing. A nice way to break free from corporate storytelling and let creators tell their own story. But I actually feel like Patron is a much better platform for indie writers and GoFundMe will really only work if a mainstream creator breaks off to create something new.

I can see this being a good thing. A nice way to break free from corporate storytelling and let creators tell their own story. But I actually feel like Patron is a much better platform for indie writers and GoFundMe will really only work if a mainstream creator breaks off to create something new.
I was just using GoFundMe as an example. Cyan worlds the makers of the Myst games used cloud funding to get the money for their latest games. And I just wondering if this would work for producing an anime.

I was just using GoFundMe as an example. Cyan worlds the makers of the Myst games used cloud funding to get the money for their latest games. And I just wondering if this would work for producing an anime.
are you trying to make an anime kaden?
it's not going to be easy at all.

I just used it as it was what you had, but I mostly meant the subscription funding like Patreon compared to the one-time funding of sites like Kickstarter. Artists seem to have much better luck building a fanbase that subs to them versus marketing a new art piece each time.

This! I agree. We need something new

If you saw that a manga writer was asking for funds through something like GoFundMe to produce an anime of their manga would you buy in? I would if I liked the story even if the rewards weren't much or nothing. I would look at it like donating on Patron.
It would depend on how much stuff they show about the project. Even if it comes to known manga creators, I feel that without the team behind to produce an anime based on it could go wildly differently from past experience. If we can see some demo of the animation and some concise plan of action and and how the budget will be used, that will make me feel a lot better to support them.

Ideally. If it is someone I highly highly respect and love their work, I miiiiight bypass some... all of that rational criteria, specially if it comes to adapting a manga work I already know and like.

Hmmmm....Well I would donate as long as the story is unique.
It should impress me too -.-"

It would depend on how much stuff they show about the project. Even if it comes to known manga creators, I feel that without the team behind to produce an anime based on it could go wildly differently from past experience. If we can see some demo of the animation and some concise plan of action and and how the budget will be used, that will make me feel a lot better to support them.

Ideally. If it is someone I highly highly respect and love their work, I miiiiight bypass some... all of that rational criteria, specially if it comes to adapting a manga work I already know and like.
That's how Cyan and several indie game makers do it on kick starter and one game maker I donate to on patron. They give weekly updates and samples of what they are working on.

Back