Carole & Tuesday

JdR2V

Here's my first anime review ever! Hope you like it :D 

Carole-Tuesday-696x420.jpg
[/align]

[align=justify]I just finished this series that is exclusive to Netflix, and as the time of this review it has two seasons, or more precisely, one season divided in two parts, in Japan is completed, in the rest of the world, we have only the first 12 episodes. So this review is only for this first part.[/align]

[align=justify]This is the latest series of Shinichiro Watanabe (director of series as Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy and many other works) as a Director, so we can expect this to be quite interesting right from the start.[/align]

[align=justify]The story is about two girls that create music and try to be profesional musicians with only a piano and a guitar in a world dominated by music created by AI (Artificial Intelligence), from been know by no one, to reach thousands and thousands of people, this futuristic yet very down to earth, or should I say mars, because there's where this story takes place.[/align]

[align=justify]Without giving too much of the story, I just want to say, if you enjoy any of this things, you HAVE to watch this series: Music, Slice of life, Music, good stories, Music, well written characters and Music.[/align]

[align=justify]The voice acting in this series is tremendously good, with a mix of new blood and veterans, the seiyuus do an amazing work. But there is a problem in this instance, due to the change of voices for the musical parts, for all the characters, when the it starts to sing, there's a change of voice, replacing the seiyuu there's an professional singer, but in the majority of the characters the voice is so distant from one another that it's very noticeable, in other cases is very subtle, but you can still hear the difference even if you think you have a "bad hearing for music".[/align]

[align=justify]But let's be honest, if it's anime, the most important thing is, how well does it looks? is it well animated? does it have that awful 3D that the musical anime use nowadays? Well, to answer all of those questions: Yes.[/align]

[align=justify]It's a gorgeous master piece of an animation, sure, it does have those small frames of not too many details in faces, but remember, this is a series, not a movie, so the budget and time does give room for that kind of things. But you will see some of the most beautiful scenes made in an anime for this entire year, yeah, it's that good. Now for the tricky part, is it really 3D?  Well yes, but it's done in the most perfect way it could be, there are so many scenes made with the rotoscope technique that it really blurs the line for when the 3D and the hand drawn animation starts.[/align]

[align=justify][size=medium]Final Toughs:[/size][/align]

[align=justify]In general, this is an amazing series, full of intense emotional moments, great character develop and a very well done animation, sure it has some things that a lot of people can't pass, but it's understandable in the creative process context.[/align]

[align=justify][size=medium]SCORE: 9/10[/size][/align]​

sounds totally cool
your review is amazing too. i don't think i have ever heard of it before. i will check it out.
i like cgi series a lot

I wonder if it's like K-ON .
I like musical anime and I will be watching this man . Animation looks good.
Great review by the way

Blackangel said:
sounds totally cool
your review is amazing too. i don't think i have ever heard of it before. i will check it out.
i like cgi series a lot
It's not completely CGI just some parts, it's more of a mix of 2D and 3D XD
Lucifer said:
I wonder if it's like K-ON .
I like musical anime and I will be watching this man . Animation looks good.
Great review by the way
Not really like K-On, or let's say it's like K-On is a high school version of this XD, could be considered as a little bit more mature.

BTW, thanks for the comments :D

JdR2V said:
Not really like K-On, or let's say it's like K-On is a high school version of this XD, could be considered as a little bit more mature.

combination? that's cool
i will check it out and it's weird to get thanked for replies. i never thanked anyone for posting replies much

JdR2V said:

That's cool man.
I like K-ON music and this is like an icing on the cake, for me

I've seen the netflix trailer, given who is directing it I can imagine it is pretty good. I'll have to watch it in the near future.

I watched this weekly way back in April and May for 6 weeks. I kinda liked the first 3 episodes, the leads were were and the supporting characters as well. As expected from Watanabe the direction was good as well and most importantly the music, great, something common in all his anime. My problem with it was that it was kinda predictable where it was going and it followed the basic steps that you see in all rags to riches story when it comes to musicians and the characters were also a bit too impulsive so I put it on-hold after 6 episodes. I'll probably watch the rest after it finishes airing. As for the animation I actually didn't find a lot of CGI, there was a lot of digital rendering when it comes to backgrounds and locations like all the other anime but when it comes to the singing and instruments part they were done using 2D animation. I've mostly found CGI being used in dance sequences in stuff like idol anime, except maybe that

MadaraUchiha said:
I watched this weekly way back in April and May for 6 weeks. I kinda liked the first 3 episodes, the leads were were and the supporting characters as well. As expected from Watanabe the direction was good as well and most importantly the music, great, something common in all his anime. My problem with it was that it was kinda predictable where it was going and it followed the basic steps that you see in all rags to riches story when it comes to musicians and the characters were also a bit too impulsive so I put it on-hold after 6 episodes. I'll probably watch the rest after it finishes airing. As for the animation I actually didn't find a lot of CGI, there was a lot of digital rendering when it comes to backgrounds and locations like all the other anime but when it comes to the singing and instruments part they were done using 2D animation. I've mostly found CGI being used in dance sequences in stuff like idol anime, except maybe that

Yep, the first part (12 episodes) is the only thing I have seen so far, I'm waiting for the rest to come out here on Netflix, mostly to support it, but also because I don't really want to rush it, this feels like a story I want to enjoy as much as i can XD

JdR2V said:
Yep, the first part (12 episodes) is the only thing I have seen so far, I'm waiting for the rest to come out here on Netflix, mostly to support it, but also because I don't really want to rush it, this feels like a story I want to enjoy as much as i can XD
Not a fan of Netflix, they post all the stuff way after the anime starts airing and people pretty much move on after 12 weeks and the anime is more often than not buried in their catalogue.

Back