Can you protect yourself online?

God

How well you can you protect yourself? I don't know how well I can protect myself but I can Google for something and can get it fixed

Honestly, I have neutral feelings about this. I do know how to do some things and there are things that I don't know too.
So I can't honestly answer this

Risk said:
Protect you against what?

Probably against phishing, hacking, viruses and such.
Whenever the word online or Internet is used along with protection, that would always come to my mind

i can't. i don't know much and if someone seriously wants to get into my system or phone, there is nothing i could do.

I keep an eye on security like forums that are made for hacking into devices, they usually have good tips on keeping yourself safe. Though overall, it is common sense that will really keep a person safe.

Demon_skeith said:
I keep an eye on security like forums that are made for hacking into devices, they usually have good tips on keeping yourself safe. Though overall, it is common sense that will really keep a person safe.
people who are smart can fall at a victim. it's not about common sense but rather your position. if you are high up in the ladder, you will be targeted

Risk said:
Protect you against what?

Cyber crime, cyber bullying, cyber stalking, and anything related to it. It's not easy at all to escape from these and I am not confident enough that I would be able to protect myself against these

God said:
Cyber crime, cyber bullying, cyber stalking, and anything related to it. It's not easy at all to escape from these and I am not confident enough that I would be able to protect myself against these

Me too, I assume most people who spend a decent amount of time on the internet could tell although some scams and stuff are pretty convincing if you're just an average user most of them don't think twice.

Risk said:
Me too, I assume most people who spend a decent amount of time on the internet could tell although some scams and stuff are pretty convincing if you're just an average user most of them don't think twice.

It's not easy to see past those scams but I get you man. I was shocked when I saw ransomeware. They wouldn't bother with a small fly like me so I am safe.
@God you could research a bit to avoid scams.

You can never really be 100% sure of safety online in my opinion.  No matter what you do you can never be 100% sure that you are protected because for instance on social media sites no matter how trust worthy some one mamay appear you can never be sure.

Back