Can you accept main characters defeat?

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
I can't accept the main characters defeat.
If he/she comes back with an even more strength then I wouldn't mind but a complete defeat, I can't accept that.
Am I am the only person who thinks that way?

I can, because it makes the series more interesting in my opinion. There are so few anime series out there in which the bad guys win...

alakazam said:
I can, because it makes the series more interesting in my opinion. There are so few anime series out there in which the bad guys win...

I don't remember such an anime.
Do you have names? I would like to take a look at them :cheers:

Demon_skeith said:
I like it when the main hero gets defeated, makes it so you don't know what to expect from the series.

Are you talking about the final battle or just the fight to make the main protagonist awaken his true power?

KuranKaname said:
I don't remember such an anime.
Do you have names? I would like to take a look at them :cheers:

Just look up online "anime in which the villain wins" and you will find lots of titles...

Well, if I can digest it if the main character is not too like-able.... For example, Naruto was irritating, and Luffy was quite funny, and not too like-able, but, I can digest it if they are defeated.....

KuranKaname said:
I can't accept the main characters defeat.
If he/she comes back with an even more strength then I wouldn't mind but a complete defeat, I can't accept that.
Am I am the only person who thinks that way?

If the protagonist was strong and used to win, than that sounds like a pretty great plot turn to me =) Even if he main character is a weakling who always looses, I'd still be okay with it, as long as there is something that goes for that show.

Sindar said:
If the protagonist was strong and used to win, than that sounds like a pretty great plot turn to me =) Even if he main character is a weakling who always looses, I'd still be okay with it, as long as there is something that goes for that show.

Then did you watch wolf's rain?
It's an anime where no one gains anything.

alakazam said:
Just look up online "anime in which the villain wins" and you will find lots of titles...

But most of them are old and not at all interesting.
I want to collect good and interesting anime.

I don't see it as a bad thing, sometimes the MC should die to make the story more interesting (Clannlad)

Shole said:
I don't see it as a bad thing, sometimes the MC should die to make the story more interesting (Clannlad)

Even though the woman dies, the main character is still alive.
it's a tragic story but not necessarily the ideal story that fits my description :cheers:

The biggest anime heroes, born from their ashes like Saiyans. They lose a battle but when they return to their strenghts, they become a lot better, a lot faster, and have better ideas in tactics.
This is why I really love watching the main characters lose a match. I already know that in the following match, he or she will be so strong that surpasses every one.

Daexto95 said:
The biggest anime heroes, born from their ashes like Saiyans. They lose a battle but when they return to their strenghts, they become a lot better, a lot faster, and have better ideas in tactics.
This is why I really love watching the main characters lose a match. I already know that in the following match, he or she will be so strong that surpasses every one.

Did you see yu yu hahkusho or hitman reborn?
they got that lose and win things :cheers:

i can but i never saw any main characters defeat. if you think hunter x hunter have it, then you are wrong. eventually the main character won

Back