Can a remake actually replace old version of anime for you?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
So what do you all think?
Do you think that's a possibility? I do believe people tend to pick the newer versions these days to watch.

Hunter x Hunter, Dororo and Devilman Crybaby did it. They are all old, especially the last two. It's not rare, this happens all the time in other media.

MadaraUchiha said:
Hunter x Hunter, Dororo and Devilman Crybaby did it. They are all old, especially the last two. It's not rare, this happens all the time in other media.

I was not able to complete Devilman crybaby.
I never knew that it's a remake

Star_Of_Hope said:
I was not able to complete Devilman crybaby.
I never knew that it's a remake

Well it was extremely popular back when it came out and I liked it. Devilman Crybaby isn't a remake exactly, it's a more modern adaptation of the Devilman manga, which is supposedly among the most influential manga ever written. Especially for seinen and fantasy manga.

MadaraUchiha said:
Well it was extremely popular back when it came out and I liked it. Devilman Crybaby isn't a remake exactly, it's a more modern adaptation of the Devilman manga, which is supposedly among the most influential manga ever written. Especially for seinen and fantasy manga.

I see
It's full of gore and fan service. I couldn't watch a single episode because of that. It's just not my cup of tea but I understand why people like it.

MadaraUchiha said:

do you like the newer ones?
most of the time the story gets either detailed or summarised in newer anime

Usually new anime will be great
I prefer them over the older versions and they are always so good

Ever since the Spuderman reboot was a big concern, I tried to take the approach that a newer version doesn't negate the older one. So I try to think of them as separate. Usually I'd like one more than the other, which would depend on the anime.

Kaynil said:
Ever since the Spuderman reboot was a big concern, I tried to take the approach that a newer version doesn't negate the older one. So I try to think of them as separate. Usually I'd like one more than the other, which would depend on the anime.

Hey Kaynil!
How long has it been man? Are you still watching anime? I was sure you got tired of it.

If it's a good enough remake I suppose it could be possible but again it has to be good enough to change the current impression

Blackrose said:
If it's a good enough remake I suppose it could be possible but again it has to be good enough to change the current impression

really? and i think most of the time only animation is changed in these things.
i think better animation can always be good.

Blackangel said:
really? and i think most of the time only animation is changed in these things.
i think better animation can always be good.

Yeah..I mean if a remake of violet evergarden or code geass comes out with better art and stuff and really impresses it..it could work

Blackrose said:
Yeah..I mean if a remake of violet evergarden or code geass comes out with better art and stuff and really impresses it..it could work

so i understand
but let's say what is lelouch's hairstyle changes?
like him having long hair?

Back