Buy in Bulk or one by one?

Kaynil

I think we all have talked about how we read manga and if we actually care to buy it, but we haven't talked about our spending habits in detail.

Some mangas are pretty long. I imagine some people like to buy them as they are coming out and others rather wait until the series have finalised. Sometimes a special set might come out to the market  that might be cheaper or contain extra things.

What is your approach to getting manga? Do you buy in bulk? Do you spend on one volume at the time?

I usually rather wait until something has finalised. .i like reading the story before owning it and then decide if I want to own it or not. Once I decide I want it I basically just wait for a chance to get the volumes I can, whether one by one or a set is available. For the Zelda manga, I bought the set; for the Chrono Crusade I bought them a few at the time, chasing them even in garage sales, haha.

Some manga collections are just too big that I know I won't be owning even if I enjoyed them enough to want to return to them. Ranma is probably my exception, I will definitely buy any volume I get my hands into.

So what's your way of doing it?

I have never purchased in manga. For me, they are hard to get or I have to spend some pretty bucks for it.

Bulk purchase is cheap in ebay
 I buy there all the timebut you get good manga rarely there. I just buy whatever looks good.

I usually buy volume 1 of a series and read it to decide if I like it. If I don't I put the book on ebay to sell it, if I do like it I generally buy depending on my available funds.

Unfortunately I fell in love with an out of print series. I was able to buy 90% from a store but had to turn to ebay to buy the last few.

So now I look to see if the series is still in print or not, if it's not I buy up what I can from the stores before they run out :) If it's still in print I just buy them here and there.

toofargone said:
I usually buy volume 1 of a series and read it to decide if I like it. If I don't I put the book on ebay to sell it, if I do like it I generally buy depending on my available funds.

Unfortunately I fell in love with an out of print series. I was able to buy 90% from a store but had to turn to ebay to buy the last few.

So now I look to see if the series is still in print or not, if it's not I buy up what I can from the stores before they run out :) If it's still in print I just buy them here and there.

What is that series that got that much of your attention senpai?
You can say the name, we won't say anything bad about it because we like different things too.

ItachiSasuke said:
What is that series that got that much of your attention senpai?
You can say the name, we won't say anything bad about it because we like different things too.

Did you like bleach art? I sw couple if images but I think the real manga book is another deal.

Yeah I don't mind it actually. TBH I haven't found a manga series where I don't like the artwork. I'm still getting used to the differences between Sh?jo manga and other styles. I'm still getting used to the Vagabond artwork, but I still like it.

toofargone said:
Yeah I don't mind it actually. TBH I haven't found a manga series where I don't like the artwork. I'm still getting used to the differences between Sh?jo manga and other styles. I'm still getting used to the Vagabond artwork, but I still like it.

What is your favorite genre? Do you prefer action with a bit of gore? Or do you prefer mystery with a bit of action?

I dont have a favorite. I read anything from romance, romantic comedy, gore, action. I am a huge horror fan so anything with zombies/spirits etc. The only manga I haven't liked so far is Yowamushi Pedal.

If the story is good I'll read it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Here is my latest haul;

10-Haul.jpg

Nel said:
Oh god. You bought all that manga at once. Just how much did you spend on the manga?

Not as much as it looks. Most of it was 30-40% off on sale. I need something to keep me going over the xmas break :)

toofargone said:
Not as much as it looks. Most of it was 30-40% off on sale. I need something to keep me going over the xmas break :)

Do you buy used manga too? This seems a bit personal but do you sell manga?

Nel said:
Do you buy used manga too? This seems a bit personal but do you sell manga?

No I like to get my manga new because I must have the book in very good condition, i'm a bit OCD that way.

I don't sell any either. It all goes into my collection.

toofargone said:
No I like to get my manga new because I must have the book in very good condition, i'm a bit OCD that way.

I don't sell any either. It all goes into my collection.

That sounds really nice. Where do you get your ma game? Online or offline?

there no manga's available where i live.
On comicon we can buy manga's but there are way too costly for a normal person to buy,one book costly nearly 10-20$.But good this is they sell arc's(seasons) not single chapter

Isn't that the same everywhere? You get the cheapest price when you ordering manga online.

hawkeye_mihawk said:
i don't about online :3,where we can find manga to buy online??ebay??

Yeah. I saw some volumes in ebay. They were cheap as they were used goods

Back