Boruto, chapter 18

Sindar

It was an interesting chapter, I liked the focus on the science team. Didn't expect the technology to be that huge focus so soon, but apparently it is going to be that. Like that chakra blade, it seems like a preview to some pretty op tech we could expect in the future. Maybe the overall plot line here is aiming to justify tech as a better replacement of ninja powers, as to contradict Naruto's lines from the movie and complete the circle. Would be really cool. 

[size=small]Of course next chapter the story goes right off to the next fight. I wonder how much of a role the tech would play there. Ao (or what's the guys' name) is coming in with fancy weapons, team Knohamaru is probably taking some of the toys they played with with them.[/size]

@[size=small]MadaraUchiha, you've read this one, right?[/size]

Yes. I was quite suprised when he focused so much of his chapter on technology. Some of them were pretty cool, some of them, not so much. I was also surprised to see Sumire, who is a supporting character in the anime, and plays a crucial role during the first major arc.
I wonder if he'll have enough guts to kill off Konohamaru. That'd give the story some major stakes, and he's Boruto's sensei too.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes. I was quite suprised when he focused so much of his chapter on technology. Some of them were pretty cool, some of them, not so much. I was also surprised to see Sumire, who is a supporting character in the anime, and plays a crucial role during the first major arc.
I wonder if he'll have enough guts to kill off Konohamaru. That'd give the story some major stakes, and he's Boruto's sensei too.

I suppose all that sounds nice, but the main appeal of Naruto(during its beginning) was that the ninja's in it actually acted like Ninjas. No other show was similar to it. Plus, I guess there's not much room for new jutsu, apart from cool Kekkei Genkai, I guess, so this tech route seems feasible.

The pacing is an issue I have with this. It's like so far, no concrete event hasn't really happened. Whereas if you take other monthly manga, like FMA or Attack on Titan, there does seem to be a sense of progression. I feel like Ikemoto should up the pacing.

The anime also has a problem in that it doesn't have an end goal. The end goal for now is to lead up to the movie, and not something concrete, like to become the Pirate King or Hokage, to find Igneel, or find someone in Seven Deadly Sins case.

MadaraUchiha said:
I suppose all that sounds nice, but the main appeal of Naruto(during its beginning) was that the ninja's in it actually acted like Ninjas. No other show was similar to it. Plus, I guess there's not much room for new jutsu, apart from cool Kekkei Genkai, I guess, so this tech route seems feasible.

The pacing is an issue I have with this. It's like so far, no concrete event hasn't really happened. Whereas if you take other monthly manga, like FMA or Attack on Titan, there does seem to be a sense of progression. I feel like Ikemoto should up the pacing.

The anime also has a problem in that it doesn't have an end goal. The end goal for now is to lead up to the movie, and not something concrete, like to become the Pirate King or Hokage, to find Igneel, or find someone in Seven Deadly Sins case.

Yaa that's why I mentioned the beginning. But for the most part all of the not-so-ninja-like stuff were cool to IMO.

It was adapted twice actually. One as an OVA to the Boruto movie, and once again in the Boruto anime. I saw both. The interesting part was watching Naruto being drunk and hung over I guess. That himawari part was pretty good too.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yaa that's why I mentioned the beginning. But for the most part all of the not-so-ninja-like stuff were cool to IMO.

It was adapted twice actually. One as an OVA to the Boruto movie, and once again in the Boruto anime. I saw both. The interesting part was watching Naruto being drunk and hung over I guess. That himawari part was pretty good too.

pGPMt9L.png

I looked at the anime screenshots, the drunk Naruto is kinda funny : D

Sindar said:
pGPMt9L.png

I looked at the anime screenshots, the drunk Naruto is kinda funny : D

I thought you were referring to when she had Boruto cornered against a wall and she was about to perform a gentle fist. That scene with Naruto taking the hit, screaming with pain and them showing Kurama in agony was funny too.

Back