Anime you felt was so terrible.....

Jupiter Zero

The one anime that I hated was Mouse. Not only was it terrible....it was so....vulgar. It was almost like a hentai. Yet it wasn't. The show was a total nightmare to sit there and watch all the way through. But I watched it out of boredom because at the time I was single, living in a small town with little to do and I was bored out of my mind. But this anime.....don't watch it. Whatever you do....stay far away from this anime...so terrible.

Till now, I've actually not watched any terrible anime...........I've watched only a few "okay" anime's(these were recommended by fellow users in NBF)........I usually thoroughly research and check whether the anime is good or not in various websites before waching it............The few "okay" anime's that I have watched are these: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo(also known as Psychic Detective Yakumo, probably the second worst anime I have ever watched) and Gilgamesh(the worst anime I have ever watched)..........Ones that almost made it: Blood lad and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...........

I guess to me it is 'Psychic Academy'. I got fooled by the name but the show is boring and has a lot of fanservice. I ended up dropping it after watching 2 episodes.

I really couldn't get into Highschool of the Dead. Boobs jiggling everywhere, panty shots, etc. Sometimes it's funny, but it was just too much. I'm not shocked, since the creator does hentai and it definitely shows. I only watched for the little girl that is shown in the theme, but was told she doesn't pop up for awhile so I stopped. Luckily enough too, since apparently I barely dodged a rape scene and I am not hip on those at all whatsoever. Get consent, man.

I also really didn't enjoy Attack on Titan. Interesting premise, but the animation was wonky and poorly executed. I've been told by several people to not judge it by the anime and to read the manga instead. I might do it to see if it redeems itself, but I know plenty of people are gonna be upset that I'm listing it in a terrible anime topic.

DearSweetAru said:
I really couldn't get into Highschool of the Dead. Boobs jiggling everywhere, panty shots, etc. Sometimes it's funny, but it was just too much. I'm not shocked, since the creator does hentai and it definitely shows. I only watched for the little girl that is shown in the theme, but was told she doesn't pop up for awhile so I stopped. Luckily enough too, since apparently I barely dodged a rape scene and I am not hip on those at all whatsoever. Get consent, man.

I also really didn't enjoy Attack on Titan. Interesting premise, but the animation was wonky and poorly executed. I've been told by several people to not judge it by the anime and to read the manga instead. I might do it to see if it redeems itself, but I know plenty of people are gonna be upset that I'm listing it in a terrible anime topic.

It is kinda interesting what's going on with series like Attack on Titan. There was this hype about how good animation looks after they released the first episode. The opening for the series got so much attention and it was received so positively. But apparently they didn't have the money to make the whole show look as good, especially since they decided to go with a double season from the start. I'm not saying the animation was terrible, just a lot of raw unpolished scenes and poorly done frames, which is enough to tarnish the feel of the whole thing.

Same deal with Tokyo Ghoul from Summer season, the first episode looked really good, then the quality started to drop. It is a sad trend really, I'm sure we will be seeing more stuff like that. You can make a cheap anime with good looking trailer and opener episode and get your manga sales boosted up. AOT is still the top saling manga in Japan I believe, even though it's been a while since the anime ended.

I hope the second seasons will look better, they've got to have the budget for that now.

Sindar said:
DearSweetAru said:

It is kinda interesting what's going on with series like Attack on Titan. There was this hype about how good animation looks after they released the first episode. The opening for the series got so much attention and it was received so positively. But apparently they didn't have the money to make the whole show look as good, especially since they decided to go with a double season from the start. I'm not saying the animation was terrible, just a lot of raw unpolished scenes and poorly done frames, which is enough to tarnish the feel of the whole thing.

Same deal with Tokyo Ghoul from Summer season, the first episode looked really good, then the quality started to drop. It is a sad trend really, I'm sure we will be seeing more stuff like that. You can make a cheap anime with good looking trailer and opener episode and get your manga sales boosted up. AOT is still the top saling manga in Japan I believe, even though it's been a while since the anime ended.

I hope the second seasons will look better, they've got to have the budget for that now.
I don't know, but I actually did not notice these things until you pointed about it............I liked AOT very much..........And btw, it is next to OP, in terms of manga sales...........

MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:

I don't know, but I actually did not notice these things until you pointed about it............I liked AOT very much..........And btw, it is next to OP, in terms of manga sales...........

Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:

So, are you saying that they did not fix it in their BR version or are you saying that they must fix it?

MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:

So, are you saying that they did not fix it in their BR version or are you saying that they must fix it?

Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:

Well, I don't know............I juz wanted to know in which context you were typing that sentence............

Well, that doesn't really redeem it out of bad animation lol That's pretty much agreeing that the animation was poorly executed. Sure, maybe there was a lack of funds, but they advertised one thing and presented another. Might as well be considered false advertising, really, since they didn't deliver what was originally offered.

It's just like how I got really disappointed with Saiyuki thanks to how horrendous their action animation was, despite being a heavily action focused anime.

I haven't seen/heard of Tokyo Ghoul. However, manga boosting sales just end up annoying me.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Fruits Basket tried to do and that anime made me gag. It steered so far from what actually happened towards the end that I was thoroughly disappointed overall. It was too obvious they were dodging revealing which guys she ends up with.

I'm just not into cheap looking anime. I rather read a good manga and never see it's anime if it's just gonna be bad. With how bad Attack on Titan was for me it doesn't make me wanna read the manga at all. The only reason I'm tempted is because people I talk to keep insisting that the manga is 10000x better. All of these people also admitted to quitting the anime series, but avidly read the manga.

DearSweetAru said:
Well, that doesn't really redeem it out of bad animation lol That's pretty much agreeing that the animation was poorly executed. Sure, maybe there was a lack of funds, but they advertised one thing and presented another. Might as well be considered false advertising, really, since they didn't deliver what was originally offered.

It's just like how I got really disappointed with Saiyuki thanks to how horrendous their action animation was, despite being a heavily action focused anime.

I haven't seen/heard of Tokyo Ghoul. However, manga boosting sales just end up annoying me.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Fruits Basket tried to do and that anime made me gag. It steered so far from what actually happened towards the end that I was thoroughly disappointed overall. It was too obvious they were dodging revealing which guys she ends up with.

I'm just not into cheap looking anime. I rather read a good manga and never see it's anime if it's just gonna be bad. With how bad Attack on Titan was for me it doesn't make me wanna read the manga at all. The only reason I'm tempted is because people I talk to keep insisting that the manga is 10000x better. All of these people also admitted to quitting the anime series, but avidly read the manga.

You have a point =) Still, it's been a while since I followed an on-going action packed anime with great visuals. So I guess I am not going to be very hard on yet another series that did not do a great job with animation =)

Yeah, sometimes teasing the viewers actually ruins the show. Too bad if it did so with Fruits Basket. I haven't seen this one, so I wouldn't know. I had an impression that it is kinda typical for a romance anime to keep viewers speculating =) Not that I endorse that practice, it makes shows more linear I think.

People always say "the manga is way better than the anime", that is just how thing s go =) I think if you are not interested in AOT story there is no need to bother with manga.

[font=tahoma,sans-serif,arial,verdana,trebuchet ms]Well, as I originally stated, its original premise seemed interesting. The action/animation itself wasn't the only portion that bothered me. How they executed it overall was poor, rushed, and certain aspects were dragged out for needless reasons. I'm not gonna be like, "HOW DARE YOU," to people who disagree, but I an entitled to my opinion. Would I ever recommend this anime? No. Would I ever watch it again? No. Do I wish I had watched something else and feel I wasted my time? Yes.

I've watched plenty of anime, including new ones where the animation is fine, or even great, throughout it all including for action themes. I can't really judge specifically on what you have watched, because I don't know. In comparison to other anime that has come out and is presently in the works, AoT really failed to compare.

With Fruits Basket, they didn't follow their manga. It starts off like one of those bouncy, peppy romance shoujo, but it actually has a lot more to it. Fruits Basket has a lot of dark aspects they refused to address in the anime. They dragged out the flowers and sparkles; and then they prematurely ended the series trying to make it sound like everything went well and dandy for the characters. This isn't actually the case. There is a lot of turmoil and twists making it not fit the typical romance anime. However, this is only so by reading the manga.

I have heard of some anime where it was actually better than the manga, but typically the manga is better. It is the original, so go figure this would be the case. It's just like how books are typically better than their movie adaptations.[/font]

DearSweetAru said:
[font=tahoma,sans-serif,arial,verdana,trebuchet ms]Well, as I originally stated, its original premise seemed interesting. The action/animation itself wasn't the only portion that bothered me. How they executed it overall was poor, rushed, and certain aspects were dragged out for needless reasons. I'm not gonna be like, "HOW DARE YOU," to people who disagree, but I an entitled to my opinion. Would I ever recommend this anime? No. Would I ever watch it again? No. Do I wish I had watched something else and feel I wasted my time? Yes.[/font]

Which parts did you think were rushed? I agree about parts of the show being dragged out, Battle of Trost and the female titan arc are examples in my opinion. They should have tried to keep the momentum of the first two episodes. Maybe they could get rid of the training episodes in favor of something that would make greater impact on the story, I don't know.

And please don't take it as that I am going to be aggressive about defending this show =) I like different opinions and I appreciate meaningful arguments, that is all my motivation in this discussion.
?

Yeah I know, every season has more than a few shows with well done animation. I've just been a bit weird with my picks, that is all.
DearSweetAru said:
I have heard of some anime where it was actually better than the manga, but typically the manga is better. It is the original, so go figure this would be the case. It's just like how books are typically better than their movie adaptations.

I like to state for the record I've watched some hentai that had better story lines than some non hentai animes have.

Anyways, the only one I can think of is banner of the stars. Though it was horrible to me because the english dub that I watched was just awful. I never checked out the sub, but overall I didn't care for the anime.

[font=tahoma,sans-serif,arial,verdana,trebuchet ms]Which parts did you think were rushed? I agree about parts of the show being dragged out, Battle of Trost and the female titan arc are examples in my opinion. They should have tried to keep the momentum of the first two episodes. Maybe they could get rid of the training episodes in favor of something that would make greater impact on the story, I don't know.[/font]

[font=tahoma,sans-serif,arial,verdana,trebuchet ms]And please don't take it as that I am going to be aggressive about defending this show =) I like different opinions and I appreciate meaningful arguments, that is all my motivation in this discussion.[/font]

They really rushed all of their training, which is the only area I could see where they could have gotten any substantial character development with the side characters they kill off and make a big deal out of. Yet, they drag out Eren transforming into a Titan, heading towards the boulder, going to pick up the boulder, picking up the boulder, and setting the boulder down. It was worse than sitting through all of the episodes I had to just to watch Goku defeat... any villian in DBZ ever, since those almost always take several obnoxious episodes to complete.

The parts that COULD have been interesting were what was cut short, meanwhile the boring ones were dragged out. Like when they introduced Bean and... whatever the other Titan was named. I would have liked to see more concerning them and that chick's process with examining them, but they skimmed over it with really terrible "flashbacks". 

If they had shortened the dragged out episodes/arcs (Eren carrying boulder and the like) and put that into proper character development I probably would have cared more. Or even if that time was put into better animation instead. I rather watch a short, well animated series than one that's dragged out like how this was.

And I didn't take it as aggression :D Though thanks for pointing it out in case lol. I do enjoy our banters back and forth.
[font=tahoma,sans-serif,arial,verdana,trebuchet ms]Yeah I know, every season has more than a few shows with well done animation. I've just been a bit weird with my picks, that is all.[/font]

To each their own, really.
​With books and movies I think it is kinda obvious because books are generally longer than their live action adaptations. If you are a fan of some franchise it stands to reason you'd like the more detailed version better. But when they adapt manga into a TV series they have from 6 to 12 hours to tell the story, seems to be enough to do so. So I don't think anime adaptation should be inferior to the original material.
I am not looking into the emotional side of the issue here, of course people who have been the fans of the manga are likely to be negative about any adaptation, that is just how fans are.

The thing is, more often than not, the anime removes material just like it does with movie adaptations of books. Nana, Hunter x Hunter, YuYu Hakusho, Fruits Basket, xxxHolic, Tsubasa, Full Metal Alchemist (not Brotherhood) and so much more ALL have their content cut out of the anime. There is so much in the manga that simply does not happen in any of the anime I just listed for their own reasons. Maybe they were selling the manga with the anime, maybe they lacked time, etc. However, the manga for all of these are better because of all of the details they go into, which is neglected by the TV show. Fruits Basket and xxxHolic being the WORST culprits of the ones I listed. There is so much missing out of both of them thanks to how the anime adaptation went.

So, no. I don't agree that the anime adaptations are spot on. I have never seen an anime that follows the manga to a T. They constantly remove aspects, just like movies do when they are based on books or video games or comics. Sure, the anime drags out more than a movie does, but they are dragging out portions that should not be as long as they make them in the first place. Instead of putting in interesting tidbits they removed, they drag out parts that really don't make that big of a difference. Dragging out fight scenes that could have ended a couple or so episodes ago. A drama spread out several episodes that loses its luster because of how long it's been trying to be "suspenseful".

The anime adaptation, more often than not, is inferior to the original because of this.

And, mind you, YuYu Hakusho has been my favorite anime for 10+ years. I watched the entire series probably 5 times before I ever read the manga for it, and I still feel true to my statement concerning anime and manga. So it's not necessarily because  the people read the manga first. 

Heck, with Attack on Titan? The people I spoke to watched the anime first and stopped watching it because they felt the anime was so terrible. So they tried the manga to see if the anime just did it wrong before never looking at it ever again and now they read every udate that comes out for Attack on Titan.

I'm going on an assignment to another town tonight, and being a bit short on time I am afraid I can't give you a reply till I return >_< I'll be back in two days.

(I put those this empty quote here so you'd get an alert; hope it works)

there are anime that i felt terrible and dropped. some are fucked up things and some are confusing for me. i will watch the confusing anime again but not the fucked up anime

There are some anime that I dropped. I watched wicked city a bit and dropped it. Later I was mad at my friends who wanted to tease me by recommending it

Back