Anime review - Megalo box

I will watch it but I have my concerns over art. Your review is good and I lost my interest in sports anime

The pilot episode was perfect, no doubt about it and the first 3-4 episodes were great as well but for some reason I wasn't having a good time after that. It's just that I got used to the anime's thing and it became boring. Could not watch more than 8 episodes. Maybe it's just me and the mindset in which I was watching. 
However I can't deny that Joe is an actual man, and more than anything the soundtrack is God-tier. The visual was off and on for me. The difference between this and Champloo is that Champloo doesn't look like it was downscaled to look like 480p. Even old anime have crisp and clear edges. But the fight scenes were amazing in the initial episodes, although I got used to it and the soundtrack in later episodes so it got boring for me.
But I would recommend people to check this out if they love underdog stories.

[quote="BurnsyCEO" pid='98809' dateline='1530482453']

Even I don't watch sports anime but 1 episode is all it took to hook me in.
[/quote]

Thanks man. I will watch the first episode and decide to watch it or drop it. I would most probably complete it based on your review.

KuranKaname said:
Thanks man. I will watch the first episode and decide to watch it or drop it. I would most probably complete it based on your review.

Nice to hear

I was free today and this was on Netflix so I decided to continue it and yeah it does pick up from episode 9, I think episodes 5-7 kinda bored me and I felt like dropping it more than I usually do because it was on-going. Liked all the episodes from 9 to 13, the last fight could have been a bit more intense though, but the ending was cool, nothing bombastic.
Don't remember much from 1-4, but my favourite moment was in episode 11 when Nanbu decides to go against Fujimaki, and Joe gets back up and the theme music starts.

Back