Anime movie review - In this corner of the world

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
I can't write a very good review for this movie it's pretty hard but the top revew on MAL does it justice. 
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15227/Kono_Sekai_no_Katasumi_ni

I wouldn't give it a 10 maybe a 8 or 8.5 but it's still quite good. It starts of as a slice of life about an 18 year old girl and her family who she married into in 1945 japan in the town of Kure next to Hiroshima. They live simple lives during war time and the anime goes into quite a lot of detail to humanize and flesh out all our characters before things get ugly. This anime shows how war affects the everyday lives of a citizen, from dealing with shortages to carpet bombers. The anime certainly did it's research into what actually happened from what I know of WW2 down to the flyers dropped before the bombing. The whole time I had a sinking feeling in my stomach knowing whats about to happen.
Be warded it's slow to build up and rushes through plot points at times so it might not be for everyone.

This was always mentioned as being a good movie from 2017/16, whenever ppl talked about Your Name or Koe no Katachi so I've been wanting to check this out. Thanks for the review.

MadaraUchiha said:
This was always mentioned as being a good movie from 2017/16, whenever ppl talked about Your Name or Koe no Katachi so I've been wanting to check this out. Thanks for the review.

No offense but never really been interested in Shinkai's films. Watched Your Name only because people couldn't stop talking about it and it started to get annoying. I'll watch his movies probably after watching Ghibli and Madhouse's films.

In this corner of the world
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
42585l.jpg

Genre: Historical, Drama, Seinen
Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes (100 minutes)
Review: I had no clue what I am about to watch when the movie started in the theater. This felt like a really pure movie to watch in some way... It revolves around a young girl Suzu Urano and how life had been for a newly-wed girl. Although the movie was about World War 2, it really just revolved around the smaller aspects of how it affected the civilians and a story of how Suzu went through every stage of life. It had decent quality animation with great backgrounds and soundtrack was pretty good too. The scenes often changed abruptly and narrations was really slow and calm. With the balance of tragedy and comedy, this movie is worth a try if you can go on for with an almost 2 hours long movie with nothing exactly thrilling but still a satisfying story.

The narration in this movie was really too gentle. Nounen Rena (Suzu's voice actress) had a calming child-like voice. Even I would give it an 8.

Mansi14 said:
In this corner of the world
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
42585l.jpg

Genre: Historical, Drama, Seinen
Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes (100 minutes)
Review: I had no clue what I am about to watch when the movie started in the theater. This felt like a really pure movie to watch in some way... It revolves around a young girl Suzu Urano and how life had been for a newly-wed girl. Although the movie was about World War 2, it really just revolved around the smaller aspects of how it affected the civilians and a story of how Suzu went through every stage of life. It had decent quality animation with great backgrounds and soundtrack was pretty good too. The scenes often changed abruptly and narrations was really slow and calm. With the balance of tragedy and comedy, this movie is worth a try if you can go on for with an almost 2 hours long movie with nothing exactly thrilling but still a satisfying story.

The narration in this movie was really too gentle. Nounen Rena (Suzu's voice actress) had a calming child-like voice. Even I would give it an 8.

your review makes me want to watch it.
i am not looking forward any thrilling story alone

Interesting plot covered by the anime movie. War cause diversion between countries, regions, and villages. With causes state of apathy, that's why we need to say No to war so we won't suffer the demoralizing factors as illustrated by the animé movie.

The story is kinda emotional one. I could see from the storyline, this movie has some depth. It has already was awarded as best anime movie. I heard about it before, didn't watched yet. Any link where I can get it with English subtitles?

I never watched it, but the brief review your detailed about it shows its a tragy-comic type of animé movie series, which emotions of love and war is expressed in the movie, that's a nice movie worth watching.

Back