Anime Mascot

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
If anime should have a mascot to represent it's uniqueness, what would you select? Will it be pikachu, as it's known to many? Or will it be a popular character?

MadaraUchiha said:
Goku or Pikachu for sure. If not, maybe Naruto or Totoro.

I was half hoping people would say attack on titan symbol. I forgot that it belongs to those rangers. It's been a very long time since I saw that anime and I forgot what they are called.

KuranKaname said:
I was half hoping people would say attack on titan symbol. I forgot that it belongs to those rangers. It's been a very long time since I saw that anime and I forgot what they are called.

It's extremely popular but not popular enough. It's not a house-hold name. Like Naruto or DBZ. Some guy on the road will know what DBZ is. That's not the case with Attack on Titan.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's extremely popular but not popular enough. It's not a house-hold name. Like Naruto or DBZ. Some guy on the road will know what DBZ is. That's not the case with Attack on Titan.

I feel sad now. I liked DBZ but for it to beat my current favorite anime now is upsetting. People should change their preferences over time and update their tastes :cheers:

KuranKaname said:
I feel sad now. I liked DBZ but for it to beat my current favorite anime now is upsetting. People should change their preferences over time and update their tastes :cheers:

Everyone has to watch anime for that to happen. That's not the case though is it. And Attack on Titan didn't really revolutionalize the industry, or its genre, in any way. It's just good, flashy and entertaining.

MadaraUchiha said:
Everyone has to watch anime for that to happen. That's not the case though is it. And Attack on Titan didn't really revolutionalize the industry, or its genre, in any way. It's just good, flashy and entertaining.

Not everyone watches anime but most of the people knows DB and Pokemon. I get it now. It's amazingly entertaining for me and I enjoyed all of it.

KuranKaname said:
Not everyone watches anime but most of the people knows DB and Pokemon. I get it now. It's amazingly entertaining for me and I enjoyed all of it.

I've only watched the second Pokemon movie which was released like 2 decades ago and I haven't watched any episode of DB.
I am planning to watch the entire DB series though.

MadaraUchiha said:
I've only watched the second Pokemon movie which was released like 2 decades ago and I haven't watched any episode of DB.
I am planning to watch the entire DB series though.

Good luck with watching it. It has too many episodes and too many seasons and arcs too. But I have heard from someone that it's worth checking out, as an all-time top anime.

KuranKaname said:
Good luck with watching it. It has too many episodes and too many seasons and arcs too. But I have heard from someone that it's worth checking out, as an all-time top anime.

I'm curious about the anime that inspired the giants in the genre that we all know and love and it's not like I'm gonna binge the entire thing. I'll watch it across an entire year.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm curious about the anime that inspired the giants in the genre that we all know and love and it's not like I'm gonna binge the entire thing. I'll watch it across an entire year.

That's probably a very good decision. It would be practically impossible to binge watch it considering the slow pace of the story. If you like it a lot, let me know.

KuranKaname said:
That's probably a very good decision. It would be practically impossible to binge watch it considering the slow pace of the story. If you like it a lot, let me know.

Yes sure. I am going to start it only after I finish Gintama and JoJo though. I've only finished 177 episodes of Gintama(it has released 361 episode so far and has at least 15 episodes left to release). The manga is soon gonna be over though.
JoJo has 113 episodes so far and the next season is gonna begin in October. So I won't start DB until at least October 2019. By then a new Dragon Ball series would have probably begun, since the new Dragon Ball Super movie is gonna release soon(in the next two months or so).

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes sure. I am going to start it only after I finish Gintama and JoJo though. I've only finished 177 episodes of Gintama(it has released 361 episode so far and has at least 15 episodes left to release). The manga is soon gonna be over though.
JoJo has 113 episodes so far and the next season is gonna begin in October. So I won't start DB until at least October 2019. By then a new Dragon Ball series would have probably begun, since the new Dragon Ball Super movie is gonna release soon(in the next two months or so).

That's a very long time man. I would probably forget all about this conversation after an year. How is Gintama? It's got too much popularity to pass as any other anime.

KuranKaname said:
That's a very long time man. I would probably forget all about this conversation after an year. How is Gintama? It's got too much popularity to pass as any other anime.

It's really wacky, on the nose, out of this world, clever, loud, exaggerated. It's not for everyone, but I liked it a lot.
@Sindar would probably give you a better impression since he's watching it currently. I put it on-hold in April so I probably can't give an accurate, or rather, well thought-together opinion.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's really wacky, on the nose, out of this world, clever, loud, exaggerated. It's not for everyone, but I liked it a lot.
@Sindar would probably give you a better impression since he's watching it currently. I put it on-hold in April so I probably can't give an accurate, or rather, well thought-together opinion.

I have been meaning to watching for a while but I keep putting it on hold from picking up. I like the way you described it. Loud isn't a word to be used generally for many anime.

KuranKaname said:
I have been meaning to watching for a while but I keep putting it on hold from picking up. I like the way you described it. Loud isn't a word to be used generally for many anime.

But it is loud. It's the definition of loud. It's loud without being annoying. It's also loud while being annoying.

MadaraUchiha said:
But it is loud. It's the definition of loud. It's loud without being annoying. It's also loud while being annoying.

That's a very weird thing to say man. I take it that you like the anime, despite it being loud while being annoying.

KuranKaname said:
That's a very weird thing to say man. I take it that you like the anime, despite it being loud while being annoying.

I like it but not as much as the fandom itself. I do think it has its fair share of weak episodes, and I have skipped some episodes because they were kinda disgusting.

MadaraUchiha said:
I like it but not as much as the fandom itself. I do think it has its fair share of weak episodes, and I have skipped some episodes because they were kinda disgusting.

May be later you could make a list for people like me to avoid, the disgusting episodes without experiencing the disgust firsthand :cheers: If it's too much trouble ignore this

KuranKaname said:
May be later you could make a list for people like me to avoid, the disgusting episodes without experiencing the disgust firsthand :cheers: If it's too much trouble ignore this

I forgot to be honest, but I usually ended up skipping them within the first 2-3 minutes.

Back