Yuru Camp / Laid-Back Camp Review

BurnsyCEO said:
I simply cannot watch any show where nothing happens.

I guess 'Nothing really' is easy enough to mistake for 'nothing at all'. Have a synopsis of Yuru Camp.

While the perfect getaway for most girls her age might be a fancy vacation with their loved ones, Rin Shima's ideal way of spending her days off is camping alone at the base of Mount Fuji. From pitching her tent to gathering firewood, she has always done everything by herself, and has no plans of leaving her little solitary world.

However, what starts off as one of Rin's usual camping sessions somehow ends up as a surprise get-together for two when the lost Nadeshiko Kagamihara is forced to take refuge at her campsite. Originally intending to see the picturesque view of Mount Fuji for herself, Nadeshiko's plans are disrupted when she ends up falling asleep partway to her destination. Alone and with no other choice, she seeks help from the only other person nearby. Despite their hasty introductions, the two girls nevertheless enjoy the chilly night together, eating ramen and conversing while the campfire keeps them warm. And even after Nadeshiko's sister finally picks her up later that night, both girls silently ponder the possibility of another camping trip together.

(Myanimelist.net)

HannahCN said:
I guess 'Nothing really' is easy enough to mistake for 'nothing at all'. Have a synopsis of Yuru Camp.

But cute girls doing cute stuff isn't something I'd ever be able to sit through.

I see.. a relaxing anime. It reminds me a bit like Aria, but the girls are cuter hehe.. it's good to watch when we have a bad day and mentally tired

Poseidon said:
I see.. a relaxing anime. It reminds me a bit like Aria, but the girls are cuter hehe.. it's good to watch when we have a bad day and mentally tired

I've not actually watched Aria, but I *have* indeed seen Yuru Camp compared to it, so I think you've got the right idea there comparing the two. =)

I like cute girls doing cute things but some of those don't belong to the genre itself. Madoka and A Place Further than the Universe don't exactly revolve around mundane things and that's what the genre is, which is fine by me, the mission is to make those mundane things entertaining and joyful to watch, which is what Kobayashi did. The only one I truly really want to watch is K-On.

MadaraUchiha said:
I like cute girls doing cute things but some of those don't belong to the genre itself. Madoka and A Place Further than the Universe don't exactly revolve around mundane things and that's what the genre is, which is fine by me, the mission is to make those mundane things entertaining and joyful to watch, which is what Kobayashi did. The only one I truly really want to watch is K-On.

Yeah, I know, some of those don't belong to the genre, but most at least touch upon it, whether visually or thematically, which is why I listed them.

HannahCN said:
Yeah, I know, some of those don't belong to the genre, but most at least touch upon it, whether visually or thematically, which is why I listed them.
The only commonality is that they have cute girls, that's a very surface level similarity in my opinion.

cute girls and cute stuff alone?
i will see if i can watch it and then decide to drop it or continue. i can't keep on watching an anime only for cuteness

Blackangel said:
cute girls and cute stuff alone?
i will see if i can watch it and then decide to drop it or continue. i can't keep on watching an anime only for cuteness

Not so much 'cute', as 'soothing'. But yeah, give it a try and let me know what you thought of it! ^_^

HannahCN said:
Not so much 'cute', as 'soothing'. But yeah, give it a try and let me know what you thought of it! ^_^
i will watch it this weekend as i am going to have a free weekend for myself.
i haven't been watching many anime lately

Blackangel said:
i will watch it this weekend as i am going to have a free weekend for myself.
i haven't been watching many anime lately

So did you ever end up watching Yuru Camp? Did you like it? If not, what did you not like about it? I'm curious!

HannahCN said:
So did you ever end up watching Yuru Camp? Did you like it? If not, what did you not like about it? I'm curious!
sorry
i haven't been able to watch it so far. but i am sure to watch it soon hannah

I actually research a bit more about this series.. slice of life, seinen, camping theme.. everything sounds good to me, but the ongoing status holding me back lol

CryingClown said:
I actually research a bit more about this series.. slice of life, seinen, camping theme.. everything sounds good to me, but the ongoing status holding me back lol

Ongoing? Yuru Camp started and finished in 2018.

Back