Yuri no ice complete review

Blackangel

as i liked it a lot, i will be posting my first ever long review now. the animation is great and sometimes it's simply beautiful. especially yuri plesetsky. it's hard to believe that yuri is a guy sometimes. this anime is about a japanese skater who couldn't become the world champion and failed miserably.

so he gave up and came back to his hometown only to find that his ice skating god, came to coach him, later in the series, you will know, why victor wanted to coach and it's really funny for me.

the shonen ai vibes are there but it's not a shonen ai anime. there is some nudity but only bare butts and nothing more than that. there is some heavy language with lots of innuendos but you will like them too. i liked that it's a short series of about just 12 episodes and it doesn't waste in slow development. this anime is about katsuki yuri going to the top after getting some training from victor. many people support yuri getting back on his feet. you can't dislike a single character in this anime. all of them are nice and sometimes annoying, sometimes naive.

i like the anime, so, my review will be biased but the voice actors have done an excellent job with this anime. the feelings can be known and they are true to animation. i can't wait for the second season to start for this anime. i like that yuri didn't win everything at once. it would have been surreal for me.
i will give this anime a 9.2 and i only reduced those points for the music. the first song isn't catchy but the second song starting verses are catchy but later it loses the edge.
that's why i reduced the rating to give it a honest one.

@MadaraUchiha @Claraviolet @Star_Of_Hope anyone whoever watched it to, please comment.

I haven't completed it yet. I will be completing it soon though.
So far it looks quite unique. I never thought ice skating is that big of a deal till now. I do agree with the music part secret wish.

The animation of the figure skating in the initial and final few episodes are amazing. The character developement of Yuri, Yurio and Victor and the progression in the relationship between the three is pretty good. And, the journey of the trio is great to watch.
The problem is enough information isn't exactly given about the competition so every time I just expect Yuri to win and that happens. Always. Plus, all the side characters are there just for decoration and aren't given enough time. And, the animation in the figure skating moments in the middle episodes is just plain bad. Plus, enough breathing room isn't there between each tournament, and there's a multitude of tournaments that take place in this series. It's a 7 or 7.5/10 for me. I feel like it should have been 24 episodes since everything is rushed to hell.

MadaraUchiha said:
The animation of the figure skating in the initial and final few episodes are amazing. The character developement of Yuri, Yurio and Victor and the progression in the relationship between the three is pretty good. And, the journey of the trio is great to watch.
The problem is enough information isn't exactly given about the competition so every time I just expect Yuri to win and that happens. Always. Plus, all the side characters are there just for decoration and aren't given enough time. And, the animation in the figure skating moments in the middle episodes is just plain bad. Plus, enough breathing room isn't there between each tournament, and there's a multitude of tournaments that take place in this series. It's a 7 or 7.5/10 for me. I feel like it should have been 24 episodes since everything is rushed to hell.

Did you complete the entire anime too MadaraUchiha? As you didn't post anything, I thought you are still watching it, just like me. Now, I will have to complete watching it too.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Did you complete the entire anime too MadaraUchiha? As you didn't post anything, I thought you are still watching it, just like me. Now, I will have to complete watching it too.

I finished it on April 1. And, in the first sentence itself I talk about the final episode.

I didn't know any anime like that but when I saw the title, the first thing that came to my mind is r-rated. You should have an idea now.

I haven't watched it myself, but your review has made me somewhat interested. Is there any comedy to it? How is the music?

MadaraUchiha said:
I finished it on April 1. And, in the first sentence itself I talk about the final episode.

I see. That's fast.
It's supposed to be for the entire month so finishing it all in one go, isn't what I have expected.

MadaraUchiha said:

didn't you say you liked it so why just 7.5?
others wouldn't pick an anime with such low rating and it pains me to see that even you gave a low rating to this anime

SecretWish said:
didn't you say you liked it so why just 7.5?
others wouldn't pick an anime with such low rating and it pains me to see that even you gave a low rating to this anime

The entire reply is me saying why it's a 7 or 7.5 and I can't help you if you jump directly to where I give the score.

MadaraUchiha said:
The entire reply is me saying why it's a 7 or 7.5 and I can't help you if you jump directly to where I give the score.

i know but you could have still given it a better rating. it is being dissed by many fuc#ers and many other fuc#ers would believe them

SecretWish said:
i know but you could have still given it a better rating. it is being dissed by many fuc#ers and many other fuc#ers would believe them

It is what it is for me, and so what if other people don't like it. You like it and that out-weighs everything else.

As Madara Uchiha said, you shouldn't care about what others got to say about your preferences. If they have a problem with it, then it's their problem and it's got nothing to do with you.

Star_Of_Hope said:
As Madara Uchiha said, you shouldn't care about what others got to say about your preferences. If they have a problem with it, then it's their problem and it's got nothing to do with you.

thanks but sometimes they piss me off talking about watching yaoi as a perverse act and acting like a holy god.

I didn't think the anime is good and to think that people think it's getting negative rating had caught me off guard. I will watch it sometime.

Back