Wi-Fi or 3G

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
What do you use more often to connect to the internet on your cellphone and tablets: Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (if you have a data plan)?

If I am at my home, I use WiFi in my phone....If I am outside, say in my Uni, if the WiFi signal strength sucks, I use my 4G, and if I am elsewhere, I use my 4G......

Depends where I am. At home and school, I use Wi-Fi. I pretty much only use 4G at times where I don't have access to Wi-Fi.

Kamikaze said:
Depends where I am. At home and school, I use Wi-Fi. I pretty much only use 4G at times where I don't have access to Wi-Fi.

4g? it's active around where you live?
Where are you from?

Testaccount said:
Kamikaze said:

4g? it's active around where you live?
Where are you from?

I'm from Canada. I might get LTE soon actually which is a step up from 4G

Kamikaze said:
Does that speed up things? Or just a speed-up professional thingy?

Testaccount said:
Kamikaze said:
Does that speed up things? Or just a speed-up professional thingy?

I don't know the technical details of it but I know it's faster than 4G. Pretty instantaneous. But 4G is still pretty good. Just a few seconds slower.

Kamikaze said:
I don't know the technical details of it but I know it's faster than 4G. Pretty instantaneous. But 4G is still pretty good. Just a few seconds slower.

Aren't you contradicting yourself in that statement?

Testaccount said:
Kamikaze said:

Aren't you contradicting yourself in that statement?

Nope. Theres more to LTE than just it being faster but that part is more complicated I guess.

Kamikaze said:
Nope. Theres more to LTE than just it being faster but that part is more complicated I guess.

Isn't the connection is all about speed?
What else is there for this LTE apart from that?

identityissues8 said:
I do Wi-Fi where I can and where it's satisfactorily fast. But most of the time I'll 3G it until I'm out of data.

I am lost.
Why don't you use some punctuation marks?
It's difficult to understand that post.

I don't have any 3G model on my laptop, so I always use Wi-Fi. I also don't like 3G on smartphones because there is a WiFi centre in my small city and I connect using that all the time when I'm around with friends. Anyway, I don't have a good receiving field when using 3G. I so use mostly 2G.

Back