Why do you think this needs a separate section?

Rika

I don't know why we need a separate section for this. Why is it separated from other sections?   Isn't that a biased view?

Because it's not the genre that most of the people would read or watch and I am not interested in this genre either.

Honestly saying, this is bigotry. I can't believe they even established a section like this. I am with you on this, Rika.

It has it's own section because it can be a controversial subject. Because of that, giving it its own section allows members to talk about it in private if they wish, or to let members know not to go in the section if the subject bothers them. If you're so against the section, just ignore it, you don't need to read what's in it if that's the case.

I think you got it wrong mel. They want this section to be merged with the anime discussions section.

Nel said:
I think you got it wrong mel. They want this section to be merged with the anime discussions section.

I know they do, which is why I explained why this section is here in the first place and why it likely won't merge.

I am sorry because that wasn't our intention when making this section. We just people to expect things or avoid things that they are not fond of. That is all there is to it.

I don't think either term applies. XD

Anyway, I believe AMF was not being deliberately discriminatory or having an open anti-same-sex-relationship stand on this. the reason of the separation has to do with the origin of the section. Some past members were posting short mangas, manhwas, etc that they would describe as Yuri and Yaoi, so a section was created to discuss that kind of material.

A little while after there was a concern by some members regarding even having such a zone, and when the meaning of the terms Yuri and Yaoi were exposed as to mean as subcategories of Hentai, it was decided to rename the section into Shonen and Shojo -ai.

If you want it merged with the main boards, I guess it could be done with forum prefixes. I think that just being moved as a subforum of anime discussion, so it is not alienated could suffice. I guess it is up to the staff.

Kaynil said:
I don't think either term applies. XD

Anyway, I believe AMF was being deliberately discriminatory or having an open anti-same-sex-relationship stand on this. the reason of the separation ahs to do with the origin of the section. Some past members were posting short mangas, manhwas, etc that they would describe as Yuri and Yaoi, so a section was created to discuss that kind of material.

A little while after there was a concern by some members regarding even having such a zone, and when the meaning of the terms Yuri and Yaoi were exposed as to mean as subcategories of Hentai, it was decided to rename the section into Shonen and Shojo -ai.

If you want it merged with the main boards, I guess it could be done with forum prefixes I think that just being moved as a subforum of anime discussion, so it is not alienated could suffice.I guess it is up to the staff.

That's a great explanation Kaynil. We just don't want people to comment on stuff. By separating it we are trying to make sure the users what they are about to read.

If I were a Gay/Lesbian then finding this section would make me feel a lot more secure.

It is only bothersome to people who aren't really interested in this section or dislike it completely. In either case you can just ignore the section :)

We accept all type of people and obviously the section has been made after considering the member's opinion and suggestions.

And anyway we don't want our members to be freaked out with shounen and shoujou ai posts just lying around in the general anime/manga discussion section :p

Mansi14 said:
If I were a Gay/Lesbian then finding this section would make me feel a lot more secure.

It is only bothersome to people who aren't really interested in this section or dislike it completely. In either case you can just ignore the section :)

We accept all type of people and obviously the section has been made after considering the member's opinion and suggestions.

And anyway we don't want our members to be freaked out with shounen and shoujou ai posts just lying around in the general anime/manga discussion section :p

to be honest, i don't think we need a separate section
and people who are against this should just shut up.

Blackangel said:
to be honest, i don't think we need a separate section
and people who are against this should just shut up.

That would have been a good idea. I haven't been here for a few years and this place had gone really quiet.

Back