Who are the 5 greatest manga authors of all time?

animebis.1

Before that, I want to tell you that I don't have my top 10 favorite mangakas, but I will mention all the top mangakas that I respect a lot!!

Here we go!

TEZUKA OSAMU

Also known as "God of Manga"
He is often considered the Japanese equivalent of Walt Disney, who was a major inspiration during Tezuka's formative years.
Nowadays, mangakas are awarded the TEZUKA award to honor the "godfather of manga".
main-qimg-3337b427fada138a884df6f3431329f2-lq.jpeg
Some of his manga series
- Astro boy ( 1952-68 ): This revolutionized anime culture worldwide!
- Dororo ( 1967-68 ): This one has been revived after almost 50 years!
- Buddha (1972-83 ): Tezuka's unique interpretation of the life of Gautama Buddha, founder of Buddhism.
- Kimba the white lion ( 1950-54 ): This is the first color animated series produced in Japan. Disney's The Lion King is said to be inspired by Kimba the White Lion
- Princess knight ( 1953-68 ): One of Tezuka's most famous works and considered by many to be a classic, Princess Knight has had a huge influence on major manga and anime.

SHIGERU MIZUKI

An expert on Yōkai (traditional Japanese monster, vampire, and goblin) stories, he is considered a master of the genre.
Mizuki is also a famous historian, publishing works related to world history, Japanese history, and his own experiences during World War II.

main-qimg-f69f71f1bee6f3ff1c392e2a1d99db34-lq.jpeg
No need to wait. let's see his notable works :-

1. gegege no kitaro ( 1960–1969)
2. Hitler ( 1971 ) = the life of Adolf Hitler
3. Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths (1973) = In it, Mizuki describes his experiences as a soldier participating in the New Guinea campaign during World War II. He describes the final weeks of his infantry service when soldiers had to die for their country to avoid survival.
All of these, you can find in Animebistv

UMEZU KAZUO

Is the author of Japanese horror stories and other manga, and is also a musician and actor.
main-qimg-77d416403c3e759cfcb7e1f23a8a80ef-lq.jpeg

Naoki Urasawa
This name is a must in any such list! This guy's work is so impressive that to this day I have never seen someone disagree with me!
I could just spend all day praising his work
main-qimg-4711ef809ae59f4832a8a3dbb12002ea-lq.jpeg

Togashi

Is one of the Mangaka of the most critically acclaimed anime & manga series ever known as "Hiatus x Hiatus"
His health was always an obstacle for him to complete his masterpieces :(
main-qimg-ab2f94dd408922fe397467de47c6b03f-lq.jpeg

How about you? Do you read all of these masterpieces of these authors? Let's share about your favourite mangaka

5 right..
1. Naoki Urasawa
Well.. you already know him

2. Hanazawa Kengo
Great author capable to write all kind of story from futuristic, slice of life, sports and zombie. He is notable for coward-ish main protagonist

3. Shuzo Oshimi
4. Hideo Yamamoto
5. Inio Asao
This three is very good with writing phsycological stuff

To me these are the 5 best manga authors.

1. Takahashi Rumiko - Ranma1/2, Inuyasha.
  2. Eiichiro Oda - One Piece.
  3. Yoshikazu Hamada - Tsugumomo.
  4. Masamune Shirow - Ghost in the Shell.
  5. Kouta Hirano - Hellsing.

Back