Whisper of the Heart

gemxtria

V.I.P. Member
Go easy on me, my vocabulary isn't very good and i'm not great at reviews.

Whisper of the Heart is a 1995 romance anime directed by Yoshifumi Kondō. The story follows Shizuku Tsukishima, a clever young girl who loves reading and one day wants to become a writer. She takes out multiple books from the library at one time and she keeps seeing the same name written in the book from the person who had it before her, Seiji Amasawa. 

She chases a cat one day and befriends an antiques dealer and starts writing her first novel which takes over her life

She makes it her goal to find Amasawa who she believes may be her soul mate

It also includes my favourite scene ever, a rendition of John Denvers Country Roads 

i loved this movie, and i would recommend it to anyone into this genre

It reminds me of a manga story called Hatsukoi.
The main protagonist loves books a lot as well

gemxtria said:
I've not heard of that!

i think she is taking about sekaiochi hatsukoi
it's also called world's first love ever and it's of bl genre. if you didn't read seven days. then this is not for you

Blackangel said:
i think she is taking about sekaiochi hatsukoi
it's also called world's first love ever and it's of bl genre. if you didn't read seven days. then this is not for you
I didn't get round to looking at Seven Days :(

gemxtria said:
I didn't get round to looking at Seven Days :(

oh then don't worry
check this out after reading that one. i don't want you to get into something you don't know much about

Country Roads
Take me home
To the place
I belong
West Virginia
Mountain mama
Country roads
Take me home

[quote="gemxtria" pid='224080' dateline='1603798899']
It's an amazing song
[/quote]

I’m from the South so everyone legally has to know the song, and is the only good thing about West Virginia.

Haha! That makes sense. It's become kind of a joke song when me and my friend play GTA. We just scream it at the top of our lungs

[quote="gemxtria" pid='224084' dateline='1603799802']
Haha! That makes sense. It's become kind of a joke song when me and my friend play GTA. We just scream it at the top of our lungs
[/quote]

West Virginia doesn’t have a good stereotype in the South. The east side makes fun of them for being inbred hillbillies, and on the west side we have Arkansas for that.

Back