What is your favourite forum software?

Alexander

At the moment, my favourite forum software is phpBB. I have been using it for as long as I can remember now for my forum and I love the layout of it and the fact of how easy the MCP (Moderator Control Panel) and the ACP (Administration Control Panel) is to navigate. It is so easy compared to some other forum software's.

From Paid scripts Xenforo has been good to me so far.
For free ones MyBB was my favourite back in the day.

As a forum member (I have never owned a forum) I love IPB forums. They are very user friendly, fast response time and their spam prevention is great.

Canadian said:
IPB forums.

fast response time

As an ex forum admin that owned an IPB forum, allow me to laugh...

IPB 4 is the slowest, most resource-hungry forum software I know.

I like XenForo cause that's what I'm used to (for the most part).  However, though, that's not saying I don't have a lot of respect for other forum software.  For instance, it would be cool to get more into MyBB.  

Anyway, though, I have encountered paragraph spacing problems on MyBB and phpBB forums, but that might be due to some updating issue, as I haven't seen that problem on this forum.

Definitely Xenforo.  I've also used pbpBB, SMF, vBulletin, IPB, MyBB, and a few others.  They don't compare IMO. :)

It certainly is possible.
Making your own software means you can fix bugs without the need to wait on a 3rd party and you can take make it work exactly the way you want, but it also means that once problems come up, the whole community depends on you.

Now the main reason this code base is buggy and messy is because we make everything entirely from scratch.
We decided to use common frameworks for its successor, so coding will be easier, and we can find help online much easier.

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='83955' dateline='1514104973']
It certainly is possible.
Making your own software means you can fix bugs without the need to wait on a 3rd party and you can take make it work exactly the way you want, but it also means that once problems come up, the whole community depends on you.

Now the main reason this code base is buggy and messy is because we make everything entirely from scratch.
We decided to use common frameworks for its successor, so coding will be easier, and we can find help online much easier.
[/quote]

I am not a technical person entirely so I don't get complicated things.
Can you fix something in this forum too?

TechnicalSuwako said:
Depends on what.
I only joined today, and I've already seen quite some things to be broken.

I don't know. If you can fix this forum then the developer they need would be you

TechnicalSuwako said:
Feel free to recommend me, once I know more details, I can see what I can do.

Tagging them would get the attention. @MadaraUchiha ,@Sindar ,@Claraviolet , @Star_Of_Hopd .

I recommend suwako as she is great with anything

My favorite forum software is MyBB. I used to love phpBB back in the day, but the extensions are limited and a lot of the modifications I used to use for phpBB 3.0 had projects abandoned. Also, I still have no clue how to modify the templates on phpBB. MyBB makes it so easy to customize the forum from the admin panel. Better plugins as well.

TechnicalSuwako said:
Feel free to recommend me, once I know more details, I can see what I can do.

If you really interested, then let us know technical suwako. We would like some developers here

As I said, I'd like to have more insight before I can make a decission.
I'm free this whole week, but after that I need to get back to work again.

TechnicalSuwako said:
As I said, I'd like to have more insight before I can make a decission.
I'm free this whole week, but after that I need to get back to work again.

I have already replied to your post in need developers thread suwako Chan.

For free software I would go with MyBB. It's easy and simple to use. Features a lot of cool themes and plugins, gives the member a nice browsing experience and has a nice support.

For premium software I would go with XenForo. It's cheaper than IPB and is really good. A lot of themes and plugins too, very customizable. Some people think the Admin Panel is hard to use but it isn't.

Back