War for the Planet of the Apes Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
War for the Planet of the Apes(2017) Movie Review

Plot:
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in a battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Prelude:
The reboot movies in the Planet of the Apes franchise have been very good. I think both Rise of the Planet of the Apes(2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) are excellent movies. It's always the third ones in a trilogy that kind don't measure up to the previous movies. But, I had a lot of expectations going into this movie. I saw this movie on 15/7/2017.

Pro's:
Andy Serkis as CaesarMotion Capture: The motion capture is very very good. The faces of each monkey feels real, and their emotions are delivered perfectly.
CGI and Visuals: The CG in this movie is phenomenal. This is probably the best I've seen since Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) and The Jungle Book(2016). It was photo-realistic and blew me away.
Acting: The acting was good. This movie doesn't have many humans, so, there's basically two lead roles for the human characters. Woody Harrelson is the Colonel, and Amiah Miller is a little girl the apes meet in their journey, and they both were very good.
Cinematography: The movie is breath-taking. Each frame is captivating.
ToneApesFitting conclusion to the trilogy as well as Caesar's arc(as of this movie).
Screenplay.
Background Music.
Editing.
Action as well as emotional scenes.

Con's:
Sometimes, the pacing can drag a bit.

Verdict:
Overall, this is an excellent, excellent movie. It's a fitting conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever. I would have enjoyed it even more if not for the fucking kid sitting behind me talking throughout the movie. Anyway, this movie is the best in the trilogy, and probably is my favourite movie of the year.
Score: 8.5/10.

MadaraUchiha said:
War for the Planet of the Apes(2017) Movie Review

Plot:
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in a battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Prelude:
The reboot movies in the Planet of the Apes franchise have been very good. I think both Rise of the Planet of the Apes(2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) are excellent movies. It's always the third ones in a trilogy that kind don't measure up to the previous movies. But, I had a lot of expectations going into this movie. I saw this movie on 15/7/2017.

Pro's:
Andy Serkis as CaesarMotion Capture: The motion capture is very very good. The faces of each monkey feels real, and their emotions are delivered perfectly.
CGI and Visuals: The CG in this movie is phenomenal. This is probably the best I've seen since Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) and The Jungle Book(2016). It was photo-realistic and blew me away.
Acting: The acting was good. This movie doesn't have many humans, so, there's basically two lead roles for the human characters. Woody Harrelson is the Colonel, and Amiah Miller is a little girl the apes meet in their journey, and they both were very good.
Cinematography: The movie is breath-taking. Each frame is captivating.
ToneApesFitting conclusion to the trilogy as well as Caesar's arc(as of this movie).
Screenplay.
Background Music.
Editing.
Action as well as emotional scenes.

Con's:
Sometimes, the pacing can drag a bit.

Verdict:
Overall, this is an excellent, excellent movie. It's a fitting conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever. I would have enjoyed it even more if not for the fucking kid sitting behind me talking throughout the movie. Anyway, this movie is the best in the trilogy, and probably is my favourite movie of the year.
Score: 8.5/10.
Seriously? Humans playing the bad guys again?

Nel said:
Seriously? Humans playing the bad guys again?

Nope. They are a species on the brink of extinction and are doing whatever they can to survive.
Besides, what's the last movie you say that didn't have humans as the bad guy. Every single movie has a human as a bad guy.

MadaraUchiha said:
Nope. They are a species on the brink of extinction and are doing whatever they can to survive.
Besides, what's the last movie you say that didn't have humans as the bad guy. Every single movie has a human as a bad guy.

Aliens. In that they make humans as hosts to increase their number

Nel said:
Aliens. In that they make humans as hosts to increase their number

Aliens came out in 1986(and it's a masterpiece, in my opinion).
These 3 movies serve as a prequel to the 1968 movie "Planet of the Apes". In that movie, apes have already conquered the planet, and humans have become slaves.

MadaraUchiha said:
Aliens came out in 1986(and it's a masterpiece, in my opinion).
These 3 movies serve as a prequel to the 1968 movie "Planet of the Apes". In that movie, apes have already conquered the planet, and humans have become slaves.

Godfather? Never heard of it. I didn't get you. Are you siding with Apes because they are powerful?

Nel said:
Godfather? Never heard of it. I didn't get you. Are you siding with Apes because they are powerful?
You haven't heard of the Godfather, eh?
Well, the movie devotes more time to develop apes as great characters than with the humans.

MadaraUchiha said:
You haven't heard of the Godfather, eh?
Well, the movie devotes more time to develop apes as great characters than with the humans.

No. Is godfather a horror movie? Or is it an action movie?
I want to side with humans because I am one.

I am going to watch it sometime.
Over there I wanted them to understand the ants and those any are partly human too with past memories

Nel said:
I am going to watch it sometime.
Over there I wanted them to understand the ants and those any are partly human too with past memories
Just to clarify, humans are not the antagonists. It so happens that the apes are better suited to the current environment.

MadaraUchiha said:
Just to clarify, humans are not the antagonists. It so happens that the apes are better suited to the current environment.

Okay then. That's just had to hear after we have evolved from apes

MadaraUchiha said:
Not sure about the ancestral species, but, I'm pretty sure we didn't evolve from apes.

I thought we did evolve groom monkey's and Apes are really close to them. So I consider them as our ancestors too

Nel said:
I thought we did evolve groom monkey's and Apes are really close to them. So I consider them as our ancestors too
I see. I'm not exactly well-versed in evolution, so, I wouldn't know.

Back