The Huawei ban?

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
Huawei is making really great phones (hardware-wise) without any way to have even the most popular apps, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr. Like, what gives? Why don't they have these apps in their app gallery (the Huawei app gallery, I mean)? There's this super-awesome new phone they released this year called the Honor X10 Max, with a 7 inch screen, good cameras, and dual speakers, but it's pretty much useless if I can't have the apps for social networks available. What are your thoughts on the Huawei ban?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Security issues, Data harvesting and the fact that a lot of the tech is just reverse engineered and stolen from western companies' which is why it's cheap. Plus even without that, boycotting china's products is something every person should do or you're complicit in the genocide they are committing.

Those apps might be banned in China, so they’re banned on their phone.

Isn’t that running Android? Just side load those apps.

i am not sure at all
but it looks cool and may be you can someone to tweak the settings to install those apps?

Burnsy said:
Security issues, Data harvesting and the fact that a lot of the tech is just reverse engineered and stolen from western companies' which is why it's cheap. Plus even without that, boycotting china's products is something every person should do or you're complicit in the genocide they are committing.
So what smartphone brands do you recommend? :angel:

Is the Huawei ban still only in the USA? Huawei devices are still being sold in the UK but there are underline privacy concerns, so the government has plans to stop the sale of them in September 2021. I think, without solid proof or evidence, it's hard to make allegations against the Chinese firm.

Alexander said:
Is the Huawei ban still only in the USA? Huawei devices are still being sold in the UK but there are underline privacy concerns, so the government has plans to stop the sale of them in September 2021. I think, without solid proof or evidence, it's hard to make allegations against the Chinese firm.

I think its only in the US because I bought my last phone which was a Huawei which was actually sold in stores here in Australia.

Back