The Devil is a Part-Timer Anime Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
The story is about a demon king named Sadao Maou seeking to conquer the world of Ente Isla but, when confronted by the Hero Emilia, he is forced to retreat through a gate that transports him to modern day Tokyo, Japan. To survive and find a way to return to Ente Isla, Satan gains part-time employment at a fast food restaurant called MgRonald.
This anime reminds me of Full Metal Panic. Not the plot, or the characters, but the fact that this story has potential for both great action as well as great comedy but it misses out on both and is only somewhat good, which is a problem with Full Metal Panic as well(although Full Metal Panic had a second season named Fumoffu that was fully dedicated to comedy and became my all-time favourite comedy anime). The good thing about this anime is that it has pretty like-able and tropy characters so there's enough space to makes jokes based on those tropes without it becoming tired and boring(sort of like KonoSuba). And the animation is surprisingly good during action sequences so it's pretty enjoyable. So is the character and background art. 
This is the sort of anime you can watch if you don't want anything plot-heavy, but something light-hearted and fun with a nice mix of action and comedy with good production values. Also it's only 13 episodes long so you can finish it quickly. 
Have you watched this anime?

I did. It's a good anime.
I liked it quite a bit. Watch donten ni warau. It's got the similar feel and you might like it too kiddo.

Claraviolet said:
I did. It's a good anime.
I liked it quite a bit. Watch donten ni warau. It's got the similar feel and you might like it too kiddo.

I like the studio so yeah sure.
Nameless said:
It sounds cool man.
I want to watch it too. I haven't seen many comedy anime

It's more of an action-comedy actually, and is a lot of fun so yeah check it out.

blackrose said:
This sounds so interesting and funny. I will definitely be checking it out

This is sort of an Isekai so you'll actually see more tropes KonoSuba is making fun of here, but this isn't a traditional Isekai.

Open your eyes, I never said that.
Demon_skeith said:
I loved this series, was really a breath of fresh air. Which by the way, did this ever get a second season?

Nope, unfortunately, just like most other LN adaptations.

blackrose said:
Hmmmm so what exactly does tropes from kono suba mean?

I said tropes that KonoSuba makes fun of, not tropes from KonoSuba. Like the fact that the main character becomes easily over-powered, and then he is able to get a harem immediately.
Also stop replying inside the quote itself, I won't be able to reply then. I had to edit your post.

MadaraUchiha said:
I said tropes that KonoSuba makes fun of, not tropes from KonoSuba. Like the fact that the main character becomes easily over-powered, and then he is able to get a harem immediately.
Also stop replying inside the quote itself, I won't be able to reply then. I had to edit your post.

Oh I see. Well in my defense I really don't know what tropes are and google wasn't very helpful...sorry that you had to edit. I must not have noticed. Never did that before or at least I don't think I did

Back