Studio Ghibli

Sindar

So apparently studio Ghibli might get closed or rebuilt or have something else destructive happen to it in the near future. There is a lot written about it, you can read this article for example, if you want to. Basically they did not sell too well and after the retirement of Miyazaki there is not much hope for improvement in this area. At the same time the production cost for their films is ridiculously high, and they can't lower it without compromising on the quality, which is the only thing that makes them unique. I don''t how it will all turn out, but I would like to know what you think about it.

smoker said:
ghibli???

i don't give much concentration to the makers of anime when i watch but its sad to know its going to be closed :(

Well it wouldn't be a big deal.. but the thing is, they are the guys who have been making majority of the highest quality animated movies during last decades. So if they are gone, I feel like we will probably just have less good anime coming out.

erm.....i dont know ho they are.....so.....which movies come under their production..??..let me know...so that i can atlest know who you guys are talkin about.....

Albert Newton said:
erm.....i dont know ho they are.....so.....which movies come under their production..??..let me know...so that i can atlest know who you guys are talkin about.....

Here - link

I would have made a list of most notable ones for you, but more or less all their movies are notable =)

Albert Newton said:
damn.....i havent watched even one ofthe listed movies.....!!.....care to suggest some....Sindar..?

Sure =) If you want something action-packed try Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, it is sort of a post-apocalyptic show, has interesting plot and characters are nice. Or you can try Princess Mononoke, it is more like a fairy tail, but it is still serious and tense. If you wanna more relaxing watch, go for Kiki's Delivery Service, I am going to watch that one soon.
All those are Miyazaki movies, people usually associate the studio with his name. But there are also Isao Takahata, he directed Grave of the Fireflies, which is considered to be one of the most sad and depressing anime even made. He recently made The Tale of Princess Kaguya, which is an anime adaptation of a Japanese folktale. I would start watching Ghibli movies with this one, it is a little different from most of the others.

I haven't mentioned Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle - those are also movies that are classics of Japanese animation. You can pick up any of those to watch, and you will probably like it.

Albert Newton said:
oh....well.....i'll watch Nausica and Spirited away first then.........thank ya....;)

When you watch Nausica tell me what you think about it =) It has been a log time since I've seen it, I kinda want to watch it again.

I think the rumor of them shutting down was shot down, after all Ghibli is like a land mark of Japan. Their movies and animation are famous.

Demon_skeith said:
I think the rumor of them shutting down was shot down, after all Ghibli is like a land mark of Japan. Their movies and animation are famous.

That is not a rumor though.

Sindar said:
Demon_skeith said:

That is not a rumor though.

It was back when the story was going around. Around August I believe.

Oh trust me, I can tell when anime is out sourced for drawing. Ghibli  would be better off closing than doing that. 

<p>I heard they will be sold off to another company and most of the workers will continue working just under another company. Its sad to see them close but I guess time has done his work :(</p>

Shole said:
<p>I heard they will be sold off to another company and most of the workers will continue working just under another company. Its sad to see them close but I guess time has done his work :(</p>

I think that was from the rumors shot down several months ago, if they were being sold off you have to hide under a deep rock not to hear about it.

Isn't studio gibli popular? In that case, there is no way, people will let it disappear xD

Back